The Current State of My Rig

MKeditor

Experienced
Although I have posted about various changes to my rig, it has been a while since I posted the whole thing as a unit. There have been significant updates. I feel that the rig is now very close to being settled into what it will be for quite some time. I have custom cables to eliminate extra coils all over the ground for a clean look. I have longer versions if needed. I have routed the power for the FBT speakers to the Furman so that one switch turns the whole rig on and off. Here is the rig currently:

MK_axe_rack2009d.jpg

MK_axe_rack2009c.jpg

Note the newly added custom half space rack interface for ease of set up and to eliminate long cable running from the back of the rack. The two XLR outs go to my speakers. It has a 7-pin midi in so that phantom power from the Axe-FX can power the Liquid Foot Pro pedalboard. Also there is midi out, thru and a 3.5MM stereo jack added so that I can play MP3s from my phone through the system. It makes learning songs much easier.

MK_pedalboard2.jpg

The left pedal is dedicated to volume. The right one is a Mission expression pedal which controls different parameters depending on the patch. I like that it looks and feels like a Wah.

MK_suhrs.jpg

The only thing I might upgrade is the Furman. That PL-8 has been apart of my rig since the mid-80's.

Other than that it is done.

Enjoy!

Thats a sweet setup man... How far can you get your speakers and pedal board from the rack? Also I can't remember how you said you ran your Axe are your presets mono? Suhr guitars are always nice as well. I had a Drip caster for a wile I loved the way it played.

Heres a pic
Picture0120.jpg

Killer rig. Very clean. Totally pro. Nicely done on the interface at the bottom of your rack. Well done!

Sixstring said:
Thats a sweet setup man... How far can you get your speakers and pedal board from the rack? Also I can't remember how you said you ran your Axe are your presets mono? Suhr guitars are always nice as well. I had a Drip caster for a wile I loved the way it played.

Heres a pic
Picture0120.jpg

I have longer mic cables if I want to spread them further.

Great finish on that guitar! John is a genius.

Why did you get rid of it?

Nice Suhrs there guys! I have a Suhr Standard and a Pro Series II. Can't wait to plug them into my Axe FX Ultra when it arrives.

:)

MKeditor said:
Sixstring said:

Heres a pic
Picture0120.jpg

I have longer mic cables if I want to spread them further.

Great finish on that guitar! John is a genius.

Why did you get rid of it?

At the time I was playing a 10 top Single cut (that I no longer own) more and it just sat in the case. It was one of the pices of gear I sold to get my 1st Axe and midi bord. I talked with John shortly after I bought the guitar and did the shop tour thing, I also had an CAA OD 100 SE+ I needed some work done on which he did while I waited.

Wile he was wrenching on the amp I mentioned I had acquired a gold Drip caster off eBay, He kind of chuckled and told me about the whole Drip caster story and the reason he could no longer do that particular finnish. Seams that Mr Anderson didn't like the fact he was doing that style finnish and told him to stop. It is deffenitly a guitar I kicked my self for selling especally when you consider how few of them are out their. Oh well I got the Axe :roll:

Can someone explain to me what one of those Furhman things does? EVERYONE has them in their rigs. Is it some sort of surge protection?

Sixstring said:
juliancs said:
Can someone explain to me what one of those Furhman things does? EVERYONE has them in their rigs. Is it some sort of surge protection?

Your kidding right?

Maybe he is from a third world country (like me) and haven't seen that kind of unit around. I don't know why the heck someone would buy a "Power Conditioner", I don't even understand the term.

BTW where is the power amp in thar rig?.

juliancs said:

It is a power distribution center, a surge/spike voltage safety and a power 'conditioner' (cleans up the electricity it distributes) is as non-technical as I understand it. The Tech guys will come out here and correct me or fill in the science, suffice to say... these are good things to have in your rack and that's the reason they are in so many.

juanano said:
Sixstring said:
juliancs said:

Your kidding right?

Maybe he is from a third world country (like me) and haven't seen that kind of unit around. I don't know why the heck someone would buy a "Power Conditioner", I don't even understand the term.

Or maybe he's from a 1st world country that has a stable national power grid :D

The power amps are in the speakers.

You don't do anything halfway, do you? :p

Mike R. told me you'd picked up a set of the FBT's, and that the FBT's sound better than the QSC's. I also seem to remember that you were resistant to drinking the Atomic FRFR kool-aid.

I sold my QSC's because I hated lugging them, needed some new recording gear, and had started using IEM's at gigs. But then Tom announced that the Atomics were on the ship and I'd come into some extra money, so I've got two ordered. Maybe after they arrive, you and I and Mike should get together there at the church and do a run-off. :cool:

juanano said:
Sixstring said:
juliancs said:

Your kidding right?

Seeing how he has over 200 post on this fourm one would think he is wise to rack gear hense the comment.

raz said:
You don't do anything halfway, do you? :p

Mike R. told me you'd picked up a set of the FBT's, and that the FBT's sound better than the QSC's. I also seem to remember that you were resistant to drinking the Atomic FRFR kool-aid.

I sold my QSC's because I hated lugging them, needed some new recording gear, and had started using IEM's at gigs. But then Tom announced that the Atomics were on the ship and I'd come into some extra money, so I've got two ordered. Maybe after they arrive, you and I and Mike should get together there at the church and do a run-off. :cool:

I would love to do a run off when you get them. I am sure that other members here would appreciate reading our findings. ...and no.....I don't do things half way ;-)

MKeditor said:
raz said:
But then Tom announced that the Atomics were on the ship and I'd come into some extra money, so I've got two ordered. Maybe after they arrive, you and I and Mike should get together there at the church and do a run-off.

I would love to do a run off when you get them. I am sure that other members here would appreciate reading our findings. ...and no.....I don't do things half way ;-)

Okay, once I know when they're coming, we'll set something up...Mike R's going to need to shoot some tracks for our band promo cd so maybe we'll coordinate around that. That way we might even be able to post some comparative recordings, since I'll have the gear set up.

It'll have to be sometime mid-to-late November or early December.

Bret (Raz)

MKeditor said:
raz said:
But then Tom announced that the Atomics were on the ship and I'd come into some extra money, so I've got two ordered. Maybe after they arrive, you and I and Mike should get together there at the church and do a run-off.

Okay, once I know when the Atomics coming, we'll start planning...Mike R's going to need to shoot some tracks for our band promo cd so maybe we'll coordinate around that. That way we might even be able to post some comparative recordings, since I'll have the gear with me.

It'll have to be sometime mid-to-late November or early December.

Bret (Raz)

Back
Top Bottom