The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary?

claxor

Power User
Anybody have the guitar intro sound for The Cult's "She Sells Sanctuary"? Can't quite get it...

Here's my preset. Uses two amp blocks attached to a mixer assigned to one of my pedals.

Attachments

• She Sells Sanctuary.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 115
Love that song. Here's something I just put together after some quick research. This is the clean intro to the song using most of Duffy's gear.

I believe the song has the following effects: boss flanger, mxr phaser, two boss digital delays set at 400 and 800 (to work against each other), boss compressor and hall reverb. Amp is likely a Roland Jazz Chorus and an Ampeg VT22. I used the Jazz 120 and substituted the Ampeg for a 100 Watt Plexi. Song sounds best played through a Gretsch Falcon or 6120 SSLVO with bridge pickup.View attachment She Sells.syx

Axe-Change - Download Preset - She Sells - by k2green

Here's my quick attempt after some research. This is the clean sound intro to the song. I believe the song has the following effects: boss flanger, mxr phaser, two boss digital delays set at 400 and 800 (to work against each other), boss compressor and hall reverb. Amp is likely a Roland Jazz Chorus and an Ampeg VT22. I used the Jazz 120 and substituted the Ampeg for a 100 Watt Plexi. Song sounds best played through a Gretsch Falcon, however I've been using a 6120 SSLVO with bridge pickup.

Axe-Change - Download Preset - She Sells - by k2green

Back
Top Bottom