The craziest thing thats ever happened to me happened this Christmas eve.

REDD

Fractal Fanatic
I left my business early to go to the wife's family for Christmas eve. We live in the middle of cow country out in the sticks. As I was almost home to get the wife and go to her family's, it happened. I was singing with the stereo in my truck because we have a gig coming up and I sing lead and play lead guitar, I was singing really high and belting it out and I got really dizzy and I thought I could pass out and I did and I woke up when the airbag hit me in the face. I had gone through a barbed wire fence and hit a huge tree head-on. I was dazed and didn't know where I was or what happened. The truck had smoke coming out of it and I couldn't find my phone and the door wouldn't open and I was freaking out! I saw my phone under some stuff in the floorboard and used the manual lock and the door opened and I called the wife and we went to the ER and had CT scans and and EKG because my chest was hurting so bad. It messed up the cartilage in my chest from the seat belt or airbag and I'm sore in the back, neck and my chest really hurts every time I move or breathe deep, but they said I was OK to go home. I hope I can sing and play this next show and I hope I don't pass out anymore. I still feel like I woke up in a dream when I regained my consciousness. I got out of the truck and I was standing in the woods trying to figure out why and what happened. It was a bit scary. We missed the Christmas party and I'm home in bed now. The wife's a little disappointed that we didn't get to her family's but she's glad I'm ok and so am I. Merry Christmas everyone and stay safe and be thankful!

Thank goodness your not seriously hurt and did not hurt anyone else, hope you recover quickly, your very lucky things could have ended up much worse. Merry Christmas!

Much as it sucks (and it most certainly does)

Could have been much worse.
Just relax and get healed up.

Holy shit man! The scary thing to me is how fast you passed out. I mean, fast enough that you didn't have time enough to think about pulling over. Damn. I suppose from now on every time Christmas rolls around, you'll be reminded of how you almost died. Here's to hoping you're able to find the cause. And yeah, I also hope you can still play the gig! Wow

Holy shit man! The scary thing to me is how fast you passed out. I mean, fast enough that you didn't have time enough to think about pulling over. Damn. I suppose from now on every time Christmas rolls around, you'll be reminded of how you almost died. Here's to hoping you're able to find the cause. And yeah, I also hope you can still play the gig! Wow
Thanks man, I've never passed out in my entire life and it was fast. I've gotten dizzy singing before on numerous occasions but this was the one time I went totally out!

wow! get well soon! and I guess "don't sing and drive" is the new "don't drink and drive" (at least for you ;) ) ...

Christmas gift right there… A Christmas Carol, Readers Digest version.

If that doesn’t make a person thankful, we’ll have to send in the spirits! Glad you’re on the mend, and best wishes for a full, fast recovery. Whatever song that was, nix it from the set list!

Really glad your ok that is freaky stuff man.

If I were you I would get your Doctor to get you in to see a cardiologist To find out why you passed out possibly even getting a stress test for peace of mind.

You could rule out any problems with your heart and make sure you have good blood flow. Unless they did all that in the hospital.
If you have had these dizzy spells before, if nothing else you will have peace of mind that everything is ok no harm no foul. IMHO
I left my business early to go to the wife's family for Christmas eve. We live in the middle of cow country out in the sticks. As I was almost home to get the wife and go to her family's, it happened. I was singing with the stereo in my truck because we have a gig coming up and I sing lead and play lead guitar, I was singing really high and belting it out and I got really dizzy and I thought I could pass out and I did and I woke up when the airbag hit me in the face. I had gone through a barbed wire fence and hit a huge tree head-on. I was dazed and didn't know where I was or what happened. The truck had smoke coming out of it and I couldn't find my phone and the door wouldn't open and I was freaking out! I saw my phone under some stuff in the floorboard and used the manual lock and the door opened and I called the wife and we went to the ER and had CT scans and and EKG because my chest was hurting so bad. It messed up the cartilage in my chest from the seat belt or airbag and I'm sore in the back, neck and my chest really hurts every time I move or breathe deep, but they said I was OK to go home. I hope I can sing and play this next show and I hope I don't pass out anymore. I still feel like I woke up in a dream when I regained my consciousness. I got out of the truck and I was standing in the woods trying to figure out why and what happened. It was a bit scary. We missed the Christmas party and I'm home in bed now. The wife's a little disappointed that we didn't get to her family's but she's glad I'm ok and so am I. Merry Christmas everyone and stay safe and be thankful!

Back
Top Bottom