The coolest, nastiest crunch tone I've ever had...

ZenRigs Man

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Oh my word. I nearly wet my dog (my dog, Toffee, was unharmed in the making of this video. He seems to like loud guitar music though, which is a good thing).

I Installed FW 6.02 on my AX8 this weekend, tweaked a bit on my main dirty patch and quickly recorded this clip to test out my new Zoom Q2n. Only just listened back to this late last night and it sounds bloody AWESOME.

Very short clip, recorded late, lights were off, but was just testing the audio for some upcoming videos for KickTags and really wanted to share how bloody awesome the CLRs and the AX8 (with Q6.02) are sounding. Taking YouTube compression into account, this is how it sounds to me 'in the room'. I've never had a better tone, even when I had a full on Marshall 4x12 and various lovely tube heads; this kicks and punches better than them all and is more 'in the room' than my 4x12 used to feel, if that makes any sense.

Raw audio, no processing whatsoever. CLRs are less than half my normal gig volume (you can hear the pick hitting the strings). If FW 7.0 is better than this, then... bloody hell :)

Patch is attached if you want to take it for a whirl. Some notes for you:

Please bear in mind this patch will sound different through different FRFR (I use Atomic CLRs) and guitars etc. Note that there are 2 delays in the patch, and Expression Pedal 2 is assigned to switch between them (for rhythm and lead delays). Also the delay levels are set using External 3 and External 4 (I use to rotary controllers on my pedalboard to set delay levels) so you might want to adjust those, remove the assignments to the level parameter or replace them with your own delays.

Have fun!

Sukh
www.kicktags.com

Attachments

• New Fat crunch Feb 2017.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 145
You're using a Princeton cab?

Hey mate! Stereo ultrares cab block, Princetone IR on one side and a German v30 on the other. Nicest mix I've had so far - full, fat, clear. Going through my CLRs it sounds better than any real cab I've ever owned.

sounds great as a lead tone, cheers mate and thanks!

You're very welcome! I actually use this as my crunch tone too with the volume backed off a tad. I think it's easy to forget that you can do that kind of thing with guitars too rather than relying on a patch change every time, just because the AX8 lets you!

Tried this this morning, with REALLY low output pickups I was totally digging it, the mids are awesome in this patch. However, As soon as I got into a guitar with Dimarzio PAF 36th and a Bare Knuckls VII it got flubby and muddy. Neither of those pickups are particularly hot. Any suggestion as to what parameter to adjust in the patch to get rid of the flub and mud?

different pickups will get different results - try adjusting gain, bass, mids, treble etc. Also low cut in the cab block etc. Lots of options - just got to play until it sounds right to you.

I have fairly low output pickups in my guitars :)

different pickups will get different results - try adjusting gain, bass, mids, treble etc. Also low cut in the cab block etc. Lots of options - just got to play until it sounds right to you.

I have fairly low output pickups in my guitars :)

Lots of options is correct, lol. I will check out the gain on the amp, the bass and the low cut. I really like your mids so I don't think I want to mess with that.

Back
Top Bottom