The conspiracy paranoids have won again

Status
Not open for further replies.
The US is heavily an individualistic culture where the "I" identity, independence, and reliance on oneself is valued. Other cultures are more collectivist which values what's best for society, promotes unity, and supporting each other. Neither is a bad thing as it has brought success and advancements from both cultures. However, this type of situation we're in right now is a case where a very individualistic society has a disadvantage.

Bottom line is we know asymptomatic and pre symptomatic spread are possible and the fact nobody is certain exactly how prevalent they are makes being against masks highly irresponsible.
I read the articles you posted, some the underlying scientific studies, and some of the scholarly responses to them. The impression I formed is that asymptomatic spread of viruses remains an unproven and controversial idea among experts in the field.

Covid-19 is a virus like any other virus. I don't believe it has magic powers, that invalidate prior recommendations for...say...the flu. I still haven't seen anything to convince me that that wearing a sock or a doo-rag or a craft project from your kid's old pajamas over your face makes any more sense than using a chain-link fence to keep out mosquitoes (an analogy that's been making the rounds, to describe the relative scale involved).

I am genuinely in favor of anything that will actually protect people from getting sick. For my part, I've been staying home unless I absolutely need to go out. It's grinding away at my will to live, but It's a contribution to reducing the spread of this thing that actually makes sense to me.

It's not like you have to put on a full sealed hazmat suit and hood to go anywhere. It takes 2 seconds to put a damn mask on your face. People are just hard headed, selfish, and lazy. They are so wrapped up in their own self-entitlement that they won't even consider that wearing a mask is not for their own benefit but for everyone elses.

I think of all of the sacrifice my Grandparents' generation was willing give during WWII and the whiny, pansy ass people of today won't even put a fucking piece of cloth on their face while going out to get their daily 64 oz troughs of fizzy corn syrup water. People should be ashamed of themselves. We are better than this.
Brilliantly said!

I read the articles you posted, some the underlying scientific studies, and some of the scholarly responses to them. The impression I formed is that asymptomatic spread of viruses remains an unproven and controversial idea among experts in the field.

Covid-19 is a virus like any other virus. I don't believe it has magic powers, that invalidate prior recommendations for...say...the flu. I still haven't seen anything to convince me that that wearing a sock or a doo-rag or a craft project from your kid's old pajamas over your face makes any more sense than using a chain-link fence to keep out mosquitoes (an analogy that's been making the rounds, to describe the relative scale involved).

I am genuinely in favor of anything that will actually protect people from getting sick. For my part, I've been staying home unless I absolutely need to go out. It's grinding away at my will to live, but It's a contribution to reducing the spread of this thing that actually makes sense to me.
Great. You do that and let everyone who does need to go out wear a mask. Arguing against them serves absolutely no purpose given there is vast evidence they do work. On the slight chance they don't matter the sacrifice for wearing them is minimal.
https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/07/14...e-wears-a-mask.html?__twitter_impression=true

Great. You do that and let everyone who does need to go out wear a mask. Arguing against them serves absolutely no purpose given there is vast evidence they do work. On the slight chance they don't matter the sacrifice for wearing them is minimal.
https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/07/14...e-wears-a-mask.html?__twitter_impression=true
People keep making that assertion, but they refuse to show their work. If a million people post to Twitter that all trees have blue leaves, does that mean there is now 'vast evidence' of blue leaved trees?

this guy was tested 5 TIMES and all 5 came back negative for coronavirus. so you trust cnbc all you want to when they was caught lying about this guy.

The US is heavily an individualistic culture where the "I" identity, independence, and reliance on oneself is valued. Other cultures are more collectivist which values what's best for society, promotes unity, and supporting each other. Neither is a bad thing as it has brought success and advancements from both cultures. However, this type of situation we're in right now is a case where a very individualistic society has a disadvantage.
A lot of truth to this. It's our attitude that is making this such a challenge. But it isn't just individualism, it's a lack of respect for science and nature. We're literally being primed in this country to disrespect education and knowledge.
Scientists are smart enough to admit they don't know everything. But that admission is taken as weakness and "proof" that they don't know anything.
Here's all you need to know about Americans and Covid:
In Germany, Italy, Great Britain and Spain, football games have been taking place for a month with very few issues. The players take it seriously and protocols are being followed, with few exceptions.
In America, we can't even re-start baseball or basketball without numerous players and staff testing positive, and people complaining about the protocols.
I'll be shocked if there is football this fall. We just can't get it together.

People keep making that assertion, but they refuse to show their work. If a million people post to Twitter that all trees have blue leaves, does that mean there is now 'vast evidence' of blue leaved trees?
Read the latest cdc report on masks here. Your attitude baffles me. It's as if you need 100% certainty to accept a tool that likely works just from a common sense standpoint. Masks stop people from spitting all over the place. Nuff said.

this guy was tested 5 TIMES and all 5 came back negative for coronavirus. so you trust cnbc all you want to when they was caught lying about this guy.

So they saw a potential bad apple. So you should only listen to Fox then? Or so the coronavirus doesn't exist then? Will it take someone in your family to die, as I have, to take this seriously?

And lets not talk about its ok for people to riot, steel and burn businesses with no masks and no social distancing but god forbid if you go to Walmart you better keep your distance. PLEASE. its all garbage.

Lets not talk about it being legal to passHIV from person to person in California but by god you better have your mask on. Give me a break

Last edited:
trust their word all you want to when the CDC is in the Clinton's pockets.
Uh the article I posted from CNBC is just relaying a CDC study.
[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom