The conspiracy paranoids have won again

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have won because they have repeatedly managed to eliminate threads that contained interesting and valuable information. They intentionally derail them until they touch the sensibility of the moderators. It is a pity.
They only derail if people take the bait and engage. They go away if no one engages and everyone puts them on ignore list. My ignore list barely existed before the Covid threads, not anymore!

Turns out most of my "ignores" from Covid thread 1 didn't show up in thread 2. It was a new set of coo-coo-for-cocoa-puffs going mental. Forum threads on pandemic are reflecting the real world -- a never-ending whack-a-mole situation with new nut bags popping up constantly.

Last edited:
They have won because they have repeatedly managed to eliminate threads that contained interesting and valuable information. They intentionally derail them until they touch the sensibility of the moderators. It is a pity.

Reliable information is so valuable right now as our leaders debate how best to proceed in fighting this pandemic. Consequently, all across this great land tonight, the same question is on everyone’s lips: “What does Chuck Woolery think?”

I did the ignore thing on another forum for a short time, once - there just seems to be too many holes in the conversations for it. So. I don’t ignore anybody anymore.. :0/

I can get along with anybody...pretty much... unless they are kicking my teeth in-that is... or trying to convince me of utter horseshit.. then I might skim on through a person‘s post Instead of dwelling too deeply on whatever they think it is important for me to understand. But, I’ll agree with that person eventually, on something, one day, perhaps.. :0) ..would be a shame to miss that, for ignorin‘ ‘em.

Ahhhh “Life” ... Never all smooth sailing, is it? ..gotta occasionally experience the lumpiness of it...still don’t believe in Bigfoot though! Just sayin’!

All the best to you all.. Stay safe everybody.

Worth repeating... Masks and social distancing works... Proven in other countries like S. Korea, Japan, Germany, etc. The mask is not about people trying to control you. They are not trying to control you by telling you literally not to spit at each other. Vaccines are not going to implant chips on you... The phone you are holding already holds so much information about you and you have a number attached to you for life. Worry about that separately.

The people in power want to open up the businesses because it will look good this upcoming election. But if we don't start controlling this pandemic, instead of a broken economy, will have more dead people AND probably a worse economy.

Here's an easy to understand guideline that kindergarden kid can comprehend. Exposure-Masking-Infographic_FNL-A.jpg

Worth repeating... Masks and social distancing works... Proven in other countries like S. Korea, Japan, Germany, etc. The mask is not about people trying to control you. They are not trying to control you by telling you literally not to spit at each other. Vaccines are not going to implant chips on you... The phone you are holding already holds so much information about you and you have a number attached to you for life. Worry about that separately.

The people in power want to open up the businesses because it will look good this upcoming election. But if we don't start controlling this pandemic, instead of a broken economy, will have more dead people AND probably a worse economy.

Here's an easy to understand guideline that kindergarden kid can comprehend. View attachment 70130
So refreshing to see a fact-based post.

The only valuable information in there was seeing how far gone a significant chunk of the US population is. But with all the unethical/downright-evil things happening in government in broad daylight, who needs conspiracy theories?

We are doomed. Anyone that thinks that we can actually come together as a county to fight this, is sadly mistaken. United we stand, divided we will fall...

We are doomed. Anyone that thinks that we can actually come together as a county to fight this, is sadly mistaken. United we stand, divided we will fall...

I don't blame you for feeling that way but I'm optimistic for the future because things are so screwed up. I see it as an opportunity to learn because after all, America only ever learns things the hard way. "You don't know what you got 'til it's gone". We'll see if this hope of mine pans out.

Reliable information is so valuable right now as our leaders debate how best to proceed in fighting this pandemic. Consequently, all across this great land tonight, the same question is on everyone’s lips: “What does Chuck Woolery think?”

That made me laugh out loud. 😁

But with all the unethical/downright-evil things happening in government in broad daylight, who needs conspiracy theories?

Could not agree more. Case in point:

1594737157600.png

Masks are not shields, ask any surgeon you know. Don't know any? Okay, well then just trust the past 50-60 years of modern medicinal practices in an Op Room. The surgeons are not wearing the mask to prevent themselves from contracting the patients virus/infection, they are protecting their patient from any idle illness that the surgical staff may have... But I digress, we'll let the CDC and governors dictate our oxygen levels.

I do not think we are doomed, I think we need to rely less on other's opinions and focus more intently on our immediate community needs at the local level. Perspective helps in extended times of illogical human lunacy.

Stay musical FAS-crew!

Worth repeating... Masks and social distancing works... Proven in other countries like S. Korea, Japan, Germany, etc.

...and Canada. I live in Ontario and our premier declared a state of emergency and locked down the province on March 13th. Every day he would provide fact based updates and allowed the experts to provide information as well. He just announced yesterday that the province will enter stage 3 (except for the greater Toronto area) on Friday. At each phase of reopening, the determination was made by analyzing the data and listening to the experts. The result;

Florida with a population of over 20 million people had 15,000 COVID-19 positive cases in one day. That's a 0.075% infection rate.

The province of Ontario with a population of 14 million people reported 65 cases on the same day. That's 0.00046%.

Ontario is a much bigger area than Florida, however, the majority of the population lives in southern Ontario, which covers roughly the same area as Florida.

The city and county I live in, with a combined population of 140,030 people, is entering the 24th day, with zero reported cases! We have had 95 people infected and two deaths, both elderly.

Kudos to all three levels of government for making fact based decisions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom