The 'Complete' Musician.

I attended Lilith Fair once in around 1998. I may have been the only guy there
who was not there because he was taking his daughter. ;)

I kind of wonder why they don't do something like that anymore.
I started working with a female lead back in my hard rock band just out of necessity and then my next band I worked exclusively with female lead vocalists for 26 years, influenced by those 3 artists in particular along with many others.

Most of my music collection is either instrumental guitar stuff or female fronted bands... Kind of a weird combo :)

I started working with a female lead back in my hard rock band just out of necessity and then my next band I worked exclusively with female lead vocalists for 26 years, influenced by those 3 artists in particular along with many others.

Most of my music collection is either instrumental guitar stuff or female fronted bands... Kind of a weird combo :)

That's awesome! :)

I have honestly encountered more "Divas" in the form of men than the women I have
been fortunate enough to be in bands with. The ladies---without exception--were always more
prepared, professional, and harder-working.

Jaz Coleman
John Paul Jones
Peter Gabriel
Sting
Geddy Lee
Jack Bruce
Rick James
Bill Bruford
Daryl Hall
Jimmy Page
Sheryl Crow
Joan Osborne

Last edited:
Jaz Coleman
That's not one I was expecting in this thread. I don't disagree at all though.

I'll second a few, you guys have picked some great ones:

David Bowie
Mike Oldfield
Steven Wilson
John Paul Jones
Dave Grohl

And some I haven't seen yet:

Jack White
Jack Bruce
Jerry Cantrell
Joan Jett

I also want to put Jagori Tanna in here, as a guitarist, bassist, and songwriter who's always underrated, and I always want to mention him in threads like this :)

I had just been thinking about John Paul Jones and his amazing talents, and lo and behold, smart brains on this board got there before me!

Geddy Lee
Brian May
Nuno Bettencourt
And of course, Eddie Van Halen.
Brian May is also one I would mention first, singing, guitar, piano, songwriting and for me personal the best soli fitting to the songs...
I could not imagine a Queen song with another solo than the existing played (my favored recors are all from 70s).
I would add Tony McAlpine too.
And as already mentioned Mike Oldfield...have most of his records.

Back
Top Bottom