The Complete Fractal Audio Master Class Series with Cooper Carter

@Cooper Carter I’m looking at joining the FM9 class. I assume it isn’t just a “this is how I set it” or a “how to sound like Cooper Carter series”.

I’m already gigging with the FM9 but I feel like I’m still missing out on that next level of understanding when it comes to the pro audio techniques available with effects like compression or the EQ applications the fractal provides.

Does the purchase come with any one on one feedback?

@Cooper Carter I’m looking at joining the FM9 class. I assume it isn’t just a “this is how I set it” or a “how to sound like Cooper Carter series”.

I’m already gigging with the FM9 but I feel like I’m still missing out on that next level of understanding when it comes to the pro audio techniques available with effects like compression or the EQ applications the fractal provides.

Does the purchase come with any one on one feedback?

I'll let the reviews in this thread and the one linked below speak for the class! As far as one-on-one feedback, there is a question & answer feature on the class pages, and I do my best to get to all comments in a timely manner.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/cooper-carters-fm9-masterclass.179591/

I am saving up again. I bought the Axe FX 3 and the masterclass 4 years ago. Now I want an FM 9 in addition. Great gear and great knowledge. I'd say you won't regret it if you like tweaking and building rigs. And the payoff is enormous imho!

I am saving up again. I bought the Axe FX 3 and the masterclass 4 years ago. Now I want an FM 9 in addition. Great gear and great knowledge. I'd say you won't regret it if you like tweaking and building rigs. And the payoff is enormous imho!
Thank you for this review! Hope to see you in the FM9 Class!

I've had the FM3 for about 2-3 years, I've downloaded free presets, but only ever paid for one. I am not an expert, but I knew enough to make it work for my needs. I decided to ask for the Master Class as a Birthday present.
I wasn't certain how much I would learn as there are sections that don't apply to my needs (I understand that may change). Regardless, I still learned a decent amount of new tricks/techniques that I wasn't aware of. These are helping to expand my presets, as well as take my CPU use down.
This course is definitely worth the investment. Cooper does a great job explaining and showcasing everything. A+++!!

Hi @Cooper Carter
I just wanted to say Thank you for your Master Class

Your Master Class is great I am still learning, there are so many helpful things I would never have know about or figured out myself. It’s well worth the price. I’m still learning things, there is so much information and well worth the price and helps to unlock what can be done with the Axe Fx iii and Fm9, Fm3.

I keep going back and looking at the things you have taught me and am so grateful for your knowledge on all of the things I have learned.
I recommend to anyone on the fence about your Master Class to just do it you will learn things that help to unlock the potential of Fractals products.

Thanks Cooper.

@Freds55
Fred

@Cooper Carter
I just came across this and am new to the fractal world. Thinking about signing up for your classes but was wondering if they are updated or newer than this post? The post is about 5 years old so I'm not sure if signing up now would be best to learn the newer stuff or it will still give me the knowledge I need to go further with my AXE. Thank you.

@Cooper Carter
I just came across this and am new to the fractal world. Thinking about signing up for your classes but was wondering if they are updated or newer than this post? The post is about 5 years old so I'm not sure if signing up now would be best to learn the newer stuff or it will still give me the knowledge I need to go further with my AXE. Thank you.
Hi @jschiwlk
At the beginning of the thread this is what @CooperCarter posted.

The FM3 and Axe-Fx III classes each contain over 13 hours at this point, so it's more like 26 hours overall I think.
Purchasing the class is a lifetime pass and includes all updates.

Can’t remember the post but I believe he said he would be coming out with an update on FW 22.01

What Cooper has helped me learn is awesome and with the new Legacy and Dyna cabs and what he has helped us build some nice presets and the new FW has just made them sound even better.

Post #44

I Just Purchased Cooper Carter's Axe Fx III Class​

His post is in that thread.
This is from @CooperCarter
Once FW 22 is out of beta and officially released, I'll be issuing an "Axe-Fx III in 2023" update that covers DynaCab and other new features.

The course is well thought out and presented. I was skeptical about the need to spend money on a class, after spending so much on the unit itself. But as deep as Fractal products are, it's a great investment and one that can be referenced as needed, and uniquely, one that is updated as major firmware updates progress. That's pretty great!

The course is concise enough that no time is wasted on meaningless things, and it moves at a pretty rapid pace for newbies.
Or at least that's how I felt having never worked with any Fractal products, or any modelers at all up to that point.
But it doesn't move so fast that you can't keep up if you are paying attention.
I can see where a similar course for other companies could potentially be cheerleading/sales sessions for the company, but this is more functionality related and geared towards learning. Cooper quite obviously knows the gear intimately. Between Cooper and Leon, I have gleened a TON of knowledge about how the flow of the unit works, the intricacies of dialing in specific tones and where to go to make those adjustments.
But this course is definitely the place to start if you want to be "unbaffled".

The number of hours in the class is irrelevant to the goal. He could probably stretch the course out with 2 or 3 hours of jibber jabber to make it longer, but instead he gets right to the point and provides useable information and examples.
He illustrates the things outside of baseline user presets, that turn the Axe FX into a recording and performing centerpiece that is worthy of the substantial investment.
Also, because he starts from the absolute basics, you don't NEED to go through every module. And conversely, some of the modules may be too advanced for where you currently are at as a musician or with the unit. But as time goes on, I've noticed that as I stretch the limits of what I would like to do in the studio, I find myself looking for ways to do it differently, and using this course as a refresher, or as a reference has come in handy for when I'm ready for it.

I purchased the course a week after receiving the Axe FX III and found it extremely helpful in wrapping my head around the Fractal ecosystem. Having worked with the AFX3 for 4 years now, and recently picking up the FM3, the similarities between the two units as well as Axe Edit III and FM3 Edit make working between the two absolutely simple.
If you are on the fence about it. Just do it. It will make everything so much easier, and open doors you didn't know existed, as well as put context to the mysterious screens, terminology, and foggy notions that are running through your head that you can't grasp from just reading the manual.

Has anyone sent an email to Cooper Carter and gotten a response, I want to buy the FM9 Master Class but I've sent emails through his site and got no response.

All you need to do is pay for the class online you will get a link and the class is available to you online @Cooper Carter
You will love it so much to learn and CC is a great teacher.
Has anyone sent an email to Cooper Carter and gotten a response, I want to buy the FM9 Master Class but I've sent emails through his site and got no response.

THE COMPLETE AXE-FX III MASTER CLASS WITH COOPER CARTER
https://classes.coopercarter.com/axe-fx-iii-master-class-with-cooper-carter
See also The Complete FM3 & FM9 Master Classes!!

Can anyone advise how the classes are delivered? Are they streamed on a device connected to Carter's website? Can you download modules if you are offline somewhere?
Cheers and thanks
Steve

Can anyone advise how the classes are delivered? Are they streamed on a device connected to Carter's website? Can you download modules if you are offline somewhere?
Cheers and thanks
Steve
When you buy CC’s Master Class you will have access to his course online and it is basically anytime you want to log in. It’s been great for me as I am going back and looking things up all the time.
All you have to do is sign in and you’ll start to learn how everything works. You will start building preset‘ scenes and everything the Axe Fx iii, Fm9, Fm3. An Fc 12 will do. It’s really a very good course.
It has really helped me there is so much to learn about all you need is a PC.

Last edited:
It could use a serious update even though some things are not firmware related. His installed firmware is from 2018. Been a while since then

Back
Top Bottom