Classes The Complete FM3 Master Class with Cooper Carter - NOW STREAMING!

Classes for rent or purchase related to Fractal Audio equipment.
Is the course translated into some other language, or is it only in English? Can you at least put subtitles in English?

Thanks

It mentions a thread for the class. You just posted in it 😉. Welcome!
OK, great. :)

I've only gotten into the first couple of chapters, but I thought I'd mention (I'm sure you already know) in the section where you are going over the switches, the LCDs above the switches are blown out and you can't read them or see the color. You explain what they say, so no big deal for that video, but I thought I'd mention it for future videos. Maybe drop the ISO on the camera down a notch or 2 or something?

So far though, I'm enjoying it. I haven't gotten too far but I already feel like this series will do a good job of demystifying how all this works, and will in the end be well worth the price of admission. It's really very thorough and gets into the details w/o being at all overwhelming. It sure beats fumbling around for a year thinking you know what you're doing!

OK, great. :)

I've only gotten into the first couple of chapters, but I thought I'd mention (I'm sure you already know) in the section where you are going over the switches, the LCDs above the switches are blown out and you can't read them or see the color. You explain what they say, so no big deal for that video, but I thought I'd mention it for future videos. Maybe drop the ISO on the camera down a notch or 2 or something?

Correct. This is before the Global Settings section. In the Global Settings section, I change the LCDs from their default values to be darker so they're visible for the rest of the class.

Fwiw, for anyone else filming these units, ISO adjustments don't really help when shooting the FM3, FC-6, and FC-12. By the time you drop low enough to resolve the LCDs, you lose the unit housing and knobs. Lowering the LCD brightness is the ticket.

Last edited:
Is the course translated into some other language, or is it only in English? Can you at least put subtitles in English?

Thanks

I explored this option in the past with the Axe-Fx III class, but the number of requests for it unfortunately didn't get even close to offsetting the cost of subtitles or dubbing.

Out of curiosity, which language are you looking for?

My native language is Spanish.
It is easy for me to read in English, however it is difficult for me to follow the conversations.
That is why I have asked about the possibility of adding the subtitles in English.

Regards

Cooper, first off well done on the course. I found features in the first few videos that to me were worth the purchase price. Couple of questions - is the clean channel preset in the course and which video goes deeper into the footswitches and layouts?

Thanks

My native language is Spanish.
It is easy for me to read in English, however it is difficult for me to follow the conversations.
That is why I have asked about the possibility of adding the subtitles in English.

Regards

Alguien me preguntó esto con la clase Axe-Fx III tambien. Hablo español (hice un intercambio en Argentina hace mil años jaja), pero traducirla requeriría una enorme cantidad de trabajo. Pensaba en hacer subtitulos si fuera suficiente interés. Pero hablé con algunos estudiantes y, sinceramente, la realidad es que la mayoría entienden el inglés suficientemente bien para usar la clase tal como está 😐 Lo siento, quizas en el futuro.

Cooper, first off well done on the course. I found features in the first few videos that to me were worth the purchase price. Couple of questions - is the clean channel preset in the course and which video goes deeper into the footswitches and layouts?

Thanks
Let me check! That clean preset should definitely be there! I pulled the Footswitch section to make some updates/changes. It'll be back up Friday at the latest.

Axe-Fx III Class members have always been offered a discount to buy the FM3 class at 35% off, but due to the number of messages I've been getting from people wanting to buy both at the same time, that discount is now available to anyone purchasing both!

!!Master Class Combo Pack!!
https://classes.coopercarter.com/master-class-combo-pack-axe-fx-iii-and-fm3
Can we still by the FM3 class at 35% off if we’ve already purchased the Axe Fx III class?
I’m trying to purchase it and I check out it still says $99 while logged into my account.

Can we still by the FM3 class at 35% off if we’ve already purchased the Axe Fx III class?
I’m trying to purchase it and I check out it still says $99 while logged into my account.
I received an email with this heading.“The Complete FM3 Master Class - Discount for Axe-Fx III Students!” It contains a Discount Coupon Code that would only work with the Original Email that you used to sign up for the Axe FX III Class.

Hi Cooper, I’m really enjoying the course. Amazing level of detail and the presentation is awesome. Having worked my way through the course up to the external controls I notice that the foot controller lessons still seem to be missing. Is there any chance that these will be reposted soon? Thanks

Hi everyone,
i am completely new to this forum and I am thinking about purchasing this masterclass. But after checking all material I could find about this course I still have an open question: is this class mainly to understand the FM3 OR to help me to dial in a certain sound that I have in my mind or that I know from a recording? I understand that this may sound stupid, still I would like to emphasize the following: even if I understand every knob of the fm3 and understand the underlying concepts, I still might lack a strategy how work step by step to end up with a certain sound. The possibilities are so endless and I would really appreciate your opinion if this course helps me to find, let‘s say, a Keith Richards type of sound.

thanks for your help!

I came from the AX8, now on to the FM3-FC6 and OMG9. I have spent about two weeks going through the Cooper Carter Master Class. I cannot praise his class enough! I highly recommend the class to everyone. You owe it to yourself to get a better understanding of how to better use this piece of gear. I come from and education background and found that his teaching style was focused, yet open enough to meet the needs of beginners. He dove into topics that I had no idea the level of control the FM3 provides. I feel that this class gave me the knowledge/confidence that I so desperately needed to grasp how powerful the FM3 is and the understanding of how to develop the tones I need to gig with. Cooper you did a great job and thanks for your effort!

I'm hoping there may be a follow up with a short course on FM3 Edit and strategies for how to use the FM3 and OMG9 layouts in a performance setting. From the master class I now understand how little I knew before the course and I can foresee that I can learn much more about FM3 Edit. Afterall, the FM3 is a performance piece of gear! Let's delve into how to better it in a performance setting.

Congrats to Cooper and best wishes in '21! I'm anxiously waiting for your next course! Thanks again!

I bought this course towards the end of last week and I'm not going to lie, I was little apprehensive about laying down $100 for some tutorial videos.

Buuuuuut... it's been entirely worth it. I've watched less than half the videos but I've already learned so much not only about the FM3 but in crafting tones and dialling in a sound that works for me in general. Such a great course, I can't recommend it enough.

Back
Top Bottom