Classes The Complete Axe-Fx III Master Class with Cooper Carter - v3.0 AVAILABLE NOW!

Classes for rent or purchase related to Fractal Audio equipment.
The update will include fully updated presets with Cygnus, for sure.
Cool!

Also maybe tips for people updating their own presets for Cygnus, or starting from scratch with it. Not sure what there is to say, but if there is from your perspective I'd love to hear it.

Have any of your mega-pro clients had at it yet? Any reactions?

Cool!

Also maybe tips for people updating their own presets for Cygnus, or starting from scratch with it. Not sure what there is to say, but if there is from your perspective I'd love to hear it.

Have any of your mega-pro clients had at it yet? Any reactions?

One text from a "mega-pro": "Am I crazy or does this new update just sound WAY better??"

This is great, I've been thinking about doing this for a while now and a pending refresh of the course will definitely push me over the edge to purchase. Looking forward to it, thanks Cooper!

I can definitely go into more detail on this. I know it's a popular topic.
Have you watched the "Live Mixing Between Amps" module in the "Using Multiple Amps" chapter?
I believe so, it's been a little while though. I'll check it out again.

I struggled at first on setting up dual stereo amps a few years back, I just wasn't sure the best way to approach it. I ultimately ended up just panning the amp and cab blocks hard left and right. Also set one cab block to Left input mode and the other to Right. See the attached image of my signal chain in Axe-Edit. In any case, I got it working but I'd love to know best practices and maybe hear your input on techniques for doing this. It could help others as well. If you have the time of course. I just know from my experience the tone can become even more massive sounding with a stereo blend of two different amps... whether it's practical for live purposes or not. ;-) Thanks Cooper.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 6.22.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 6.22.24 PM.png
    448.1 KB · Views: 23
Hi Cooper!

I would love a super nerdy deep dive on some of the advanced parameters. Not all of them, just the ones that can have a prominent effect, such as negative feedback, grid bias, speaker compliance... Not thinking so much of how they work in terms of amp theory, just "If you want a smoother sound, try X"

EDIT: I haven't checked the recent updates to your content, so my apologies if this is already covered and I just haven't seen it! :)

I've recently had a lot of requests from students of both this and the FM3 Master Class to port some of the material from the FM3 class that reflects more recent FW updates and refinements, so I am embarking on the process of a broad update of the Complete Axe-Fx III Master Class.

My question to those students, and to others who have completed the III class in full: what would you like to see added?
I would like some tutorial on setting up and use of the vocoder block (have mic and pre-amp) and - but maybe a bit out of scope - some help with how to put the compressor block to use.
I'm struggling with it probably because I don't understand what it really does. In YouTubes like the ones from Leon Todd (which I appreciate very much by the way) it's almost routinely slammed in without much explanation and I do hear it making a change for the better; but it doesn't when I put it in my signal chain...

Hi Cooper!

I would love a super nerdy deep dive on some of the advanced parameters. Not all of them, just the ones that can have a prominent effect, such as negative feedback, grid bias, speaker compliance... Not thinking so much of how they work in terms of amp theory, just "If you want a smoother sound, try X"

EDIT: I haven't checked the recent updates to your content, so my apologies if this is already covered and I just haven't seen it! :)
Have you taken a look through the most recent update to the Advanced Amp Parameters chapter? It's more or less exactly what you describe here.

Have you taken a look through the most recent update to the Advanced Amp Parameters chapter? It's more or less exactly what you describe here.
Ha ha thanks Cooper, I was holding off looking at the new content until fw16 was out, but as soon as I posted I thought, I should really check before I ask! 😂 thanks again for your excellent and scandalously generous course!

Hi! I just got the FX III Master Class. I'm stumped (too easy for this to happen!). On the "Audio & USB/AES Settings" video, I can't find the screen shown below on my FX III. Can someone tell me how to navigate to this screen? (I'm running the latest firmware).

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 11.32.44 AM.png

Hi Cooper, how do we identify the updated content? All of my course titles have the line through them. I finished the course last year. Would certainly like to get the most recent updates and Cygnus as well.

Hi Cooper, how do we identify the updated content? All of my course titles have the line through them. I finished the course last year. Would certainly like to get the most recent updates and Cygnus as well.
Clear your browser cache. If you completed the course last year you should see updated chapters.

Certainly download and install the new Cygnus firmware to your unit, but updates to the class for Cygnus are in the works now and not yet released.

Clear your browser cache. If you completed the course last year you should see updated chapters.

Certainly download and install the new Cygnus firmware to your unit, but updates to the class for Cygnus are in the works now and not yet released.
I have tried all that awhile back no joy. Never heard back. I will just wait till the new cygnus updates are done and hopefully there will be a way to know what's updated. There is just so much to go through to try and find what changed. Would be nice to get a list of changes like we did before.

Hey Cooper: I'm having the same issues as rhummellh & Conley Shepherd. Can I DM with my account info and have my account reset?

Hey Cooper: I'm having the same issues as rhummellh & Conley Shepherd. Can I DM with my account info and have my account reset?

I don't have any way to reset your account.
It seems like my hosting is inconsistent with marking watched content. I can get in touch with them.

To be clear, there have been no changes to the III class since September 2020 when V14 preset were uploaded. If you see presets beginning with 4__ in the class, you are seeing the most recent version.

Cygnus updates will be coming soon.

I don't have any way to reset your account.
It seems like my hosting is inconsistent with marking watched content. I can get in touch with them.

To be clear, there have been no changes to the III class since September 2020 when V14 preset were uploaded. If you see presets beginning with 4__ in the class, you are seeing the most recent version.

Cygnus updates will be coming soon.
Mine has never refreshed properly and lines are always there, But it's a freaking amazing course and worth it's weight IN FRACTAL GOLD!

Back
Top Bottom