Classes The Complete Axe-Fx III Master Class with Cooper Carter - v3.0 AVAILABLE NOW!

Classes for rent or purchase related to Fractal Audio equipment.
Fielding a lot of messages on the Axe-Fx III class portal regarding the student discount for the FM3 class.
If you're an existing student from the III class, you should have an email with a link in your inbox for the e-mail you registered with for the class!
Make sure to use the same email you signed up for the class with to purchase or the coupon will not work.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on the 29th!

The Complete Axe-Fx III Master Class will be down this week from Thurs-Sun intermittently as I thread in new course content.
All content should be restored to the class and visible by Monday. If you don't see everything, please clear your cache!

Thanks, everyone!

Awesome!!

The Complete Axe-Fx III Master Class will be down this week from Thurs-Sun intermittently as I thread in new course content.
All content should be restored to the class and visible by Monday. If you don't see everything, please clear your cache!

Thanks, everyone!
Appreciate the heads up and the upcoming content - thank you!

Thanks, everyone!
Thanks for keeping this updated.

You've added some content recently I know, so can you give us a hint of what else is coming?

Looking into purchasing this, my only concern is exactly how much depth the course goes in to. It seems most of the videos are around 2-15minutes. I would expect the advanced amp parameters section to be super long but its 8minutes.

Is the tutorial so concise it can cover this huge area in such a short amount of time. If so, Im in.

Looking into purchasing this, my only concern is exactly how much depth the course goes in to. It seems most of the videos are around 2-15minutes. I would expect the advanced amp parameters section to be super long but its 8minutes.

Is the tutorial so concise it can cover this huge area in such a short amount of time. If so, Im in.
There's a lot in the box besides advanced amp parameters, and the course isn't really focused on tone design*, more an overview of all aspects of the unit. With his playing and instruments, he does sound outstanding though, and those patches are included, often using close to default settings.

If you're looking for info on advanced amp parameters, the wiki's a good source.

# This isn't really accurate. See this post for what I actually should have said.

Last edited:
There's a lot in the box besides advanced amp parameters, and the course isn't really focused on tone design, more an overview of all aspects of the unit. With his playing and instruments, he does sound outstanding though, and those patches are included, often using close to default settings.

If you're looking for info on advanced amp parameters, the wiki's a good source.
Thanks Dave, I guess I need to look for something that is focused on tone design then :)

Thanks Dave, I guess I need to look for something that is focused on tone design then :)

the course isn't really focused on tone design, more an overview of all aspects of the unit.

I'm surprised at this response, to be honest. I wouldn't say it's "not focused on tone design." The first three hours+ of the class are literally the basics of clean, edge of breakup, crunch, metal, and live lead tones. Really, the vast majority of the class is tone design in one form or another, with the rest focusing on mastering the various global settings and tweaks that change the user experience and live use.

Yes, there is not a lesson on "Van Halen Tone," a lesson on "Police Tone," etc. Instead, the class aims to demonstrate a wealth of techniques that you can translate into whatever tone you're looking to craft.

As I state in the intro, this is not the class for people wanting, for example, an hour long section on just tweaking a JCM-800. The class would be 300 hrs+. But you will complete the course with every tool you need to dial whatever you're aiming for.

As far as advanced amp parameters, same deal. The section is a demonstration of the most useful, most powerful parameters--the ones I turn to most for my own playing and for work with major artists. The methods I demonstrate in dialing those in translate to all the other advanced parameters.

Last edited:

The sections were originally all about 45 min. Many, many students requested they be broken up into smaller chunks, so that's why you seen short sections. Same content. Just easier to access.

Last edited:
I'm surprised at this response, to be honest. I wouldn't say it's "not focused on tone design." The first three hours+ of the class are literally the basics of clean, edge of breakup, crunch, metal, and live lead tones. Really, the vast majority of the class is tone design in one form or another, with the rest focusing on mastering the various global settings and tweaks that change the user experience and live use.

Yes, there is not a lesson on "Van Halen Tone," a lesson on "Police Tone," etc. Instead, the class aims to demonstrate a wealth of techniques that you can translate into whatever tone you're looking to craft.

As I state in the intro, this is not the class for people wanting, for example, an hour long section on just tweaking a JCM-800. The class would be 300 hrs+. But you will complete the course with every tool you need to dial whatever you're aiming for.

As far as advanced amp parameters, same deal. The section is a demonstration of the most useful, most powerful parameters--the ones I turn to most for my own playing and for work with major artists. The methods I demonstrate in dialing those in translate to all the other advanced parameters.
I totally concur. As a student I experienced the course to be all about tone. And then some more. So: 👍

My apologies Cooper.
You're of course right that the course covers a lot about building tones.

I was reacting to the question about advanced amp parameters, and I'm not looking at the table of contents now, but I don't think if it as a primary resource for that sort of info.
If anything, it's an awesome demo of how little you need to do to get great tones.

And just to be clear, I thought the course was great, both to get familiar with how stuff works, and as a reference to go back to later for details.

I've updated my original post to point here.

Hey Cooper,

Thanks for the response, and hello (big fan :D)

"you will complete the course with every tool you need to dial whatever you're aiming for."

That sealed the deal for me! I'll go ahead and purchase the course in that case.

Gary

Back
Top Bottom