Classes The Complete Axe-Fx III Master Class with Cooper Carter - v3.0 AVAILABLE NOW!

Classes for rent or purchase related to Fractal Audio equipment.
Will there be anything about the looper?

We use the looper in several sections. I consider it a critical tool when dialing tones alone. Especially when walking the line on the edge of breakup, for example, or dialing in the palm mute response on a high gain tone, or the response of an envelope follower modifier.

By virtue of the fact that the best way to control it is the FC, which is not yet covered in the class, it doesn't have a section of it's own, but it makes several appearances.

Cooper this is really great. I'm well into the course (right past the broken string :)) and have learned so much already. This is well worth the investment guys.

Sometimes the Axe has so much flexibility by block that it makes it daunting as to where to adjust, I was curious as to for example, why the low cut adjustments are made in the cab block. Why wouldn't you adjust at the end of the signal chain so that it is not reintroduced? Just curious.

Great great stuff.

MM

I was curious as to for example, why the low cut adjustments are made in the cab block. Why wouldn't you adjust at the end of the signal chain so that it is not reintroduced? Just curious.
Because that’s where the engineer makes the cut when he’s recording you — right after the microphone he put on your speaker cabinet. There is rarely any effect after the cab that can add frequencies that aren’t already there. And when there is one (say, a pitch shifter for example), you want what it adds.

Last edited:
I, too, got an e-mail from this individual asking for a free copy (lol) and got four separate PMs from other members saying they'd been asked for a free copy with a message that literally began "I know this isn't cool, but..."
I'm sorry. That's really, really messed up. People sometimes seem to have absolutely no clue, social skills or understanding of the world.

Because that’s where the engineer makes the cut when he’s recording you — right after the microphone he put on your speaker cabinet. There is rarely any effect after the cab that can add frequencies that aren’t already there. And when there is one (say, a pitch shifter for example), you want what it adds.

Makes total sense! Thanks!

MM

Reactions: Rex
I skipped right on to the ‘Sound on Sound’ lesson and now all I want to do is a cover of “Shine on You Crazy Diamond”, lol!

Thanks for a great course and thanks for reminding how amazing that song is! ;)

I bought this course yesterday. I’m currently out of town, visiting family, and I’ve only been able to watch the Intro and Setup videos. I’ve already learned some new information. I can’t wait to get home to mess with my Axe Fx III settings.

Cooper - you definitely have a talent for teaching in addition to your phenomenal guitar skills. Thanks for putting together this amazing course!

Purchased yesterday. Some great info packed in there. Even for the Fractal vets. Was really impressed with the sound on sounds stuff. Looking forward to the FC material!

Purchased yesterday. Some great info packed in there. Even for the Fractal vets. Was really impressed with the sound on sounds stuff. Looking forward to the FC material!

Indeed. That Preset is great. In fact. the presets alone are worth the price of the course either for usability or for templates of your own ideas.

MM

Less than optimal release timing on this to say the least. I look forward to jumping into it, but it will probably have to wait until February lol! Not just the issue of parting with the extra cash at Christmas, but also it tends to make for a less than congenial atmosphere at home if I disappear into my basement practice room for days on end over my Christmas vacation days!

Sorry if this is already asked/answered. I did not see it, if it was. Will this class be updated for future firmware updates? In case a new feature warrants a new video of instruction?

Sorry if this is already asked/answered. I did not see it, if it was. Will this class be updated for future firmware updates? In case a new feature warrants a new video of instruction?
There will be a full hour section on the FC controllers coming in the New Year.
Outside of that, incremental firmware tweaks from updates will not be covered. The firmware is sufficiently mature enough at this stage that the methods and techniques in class will be applicable regardless.

There will be a full hour section on the FC controllers coming in the New Year.
Outside of that, incremental firmware tweaks from updates will not be covered. The firmware is sufficiently mature enough at this stage that the methods and techniques in class will be applicable regardless.
Thanks! I guess that makes sense.

Finally purchased last night. I'm only a quarter of the way through and this has already been worth every penny. Thanks Cooper, you're great at teaching all of the features of the AxeFXIII, even when you taught the AxeFXII features with CreativeLive. There are features in here that I thought I would never use but your approach opens up new possibilities and angles to use the AxeFXIII. Also, your playing is absolutely killer. If you're ever in San Diego, hit me up, we'll go grab some tacos and burritos.

Back
Top Bottom