Classes The Complete Axe-Fx III Master Class with Cooper Carter - v3.0 AVAILABLE NOW!

Classes for rent or purchase related to Fractal Audio equipment.
Would this class be a good starting point for someone who has never used the AxeFX before? In other words, will this explain the units functionality from square one or would you guys recommend other material/videos to learn the basics before diving into this class?

Would this class be a good starting point for someone who has never used the AxeFX before? In other words, will this explain the units functionality from square one or would you guys recommend other material/videos to learn the basics before diving into this class?

The one for the Axe Fx II was pretty thorough and while it might not have a section for someone who never used the unit, I’m guessing you should be able to pick up on the basics quickly. His last videos were very thorough and took the basics and did some deep diving on what was capable.

That being said, there’s tons of shorter videos for those new to the Axe. Check out the KKmusic channel on YouTube. He’s got loads of great stuff for new folks.

We start at the very beginning (a very good place to start). If you can plug a cable into your guitar and plug speakers and a usb cable into the back of the Axe-Fx, you'll be set to hit play on the class.

Even though I've been using Fractal for years, I'm going to treat myself to this class as an early Christmas present. If some very high profile artists lean on Cooper for advice on the unit, I'd wager he could probably teach my lowly self a thing or two.

I'm in - funny I bought the AXE FX III and it arrived back in AUGUST but I've spent less than a few hours with it. As soon as I got it - "life happened" (time sucking things - house, work, medical, etc.) so this series will be GREAT

tick tock tick tock... all kidding aside, ready for the deep dive! I've managed my normal basic functionality but I love learning the advanced functions that tweakers like CC employ with ease.

So...just the one video then? :D

I'm sure more are on the way.

Haha yes they're rendering out, uploading, and processing. Had to step out till mid afternoon PT unexpectedly but they're doing their thing. I've uploaded the class syllabus and descriptions to whet the appetite ;)

Side note, interesting, I didn't know they were visible as uploaded.

I must be missing something. I don't see a class syllabus there.
Hm so you can see the videos uploading but not the syllabus? Interesting. Sry guys figuring this hosting service out as I go.

Well, since the videos won't go live until later anyway, here's the syllabus below:

Introduction and Philosophy
Initial Setup and The Setup Menus
Basics of the Grid
Dialing in a Clean Tone
Dialing in an Edge of Breakup Tone
Dialing in a Classic Rock Tone
Dialing in a High Gain Tone
Introduction to Scenes and Channels
Consolidating Four Presets into One Rig of Power
Building a Live Preset with Scenes and Channels
Dialing in an "Amp in the Room"
Further Exploring the Amp Block
Using Multiple Amp Blocks
Live Mixing Between Amps
Creating a Sound on Sound
Running Two Guitars into the Axe-Fx III
Running a Guitar and a Bass into the Axe-Fx III
Running a Full Band on One Axe-Fx III
Introduction to Physical Rig Options
Utilizing Multiple FRFR Outputs
Using the Axe-Fx III with a Solid State Power Amp and Cab
Using the Axe-Fx III with a Tube Power Amp and Cab or a Head/Combo
Using the Axe-Fx III with an FRFR System and an Onstage Power Amp and Cab
Using the Axe-Fx III as the Ultimate Effects Processor with the Four Cable Method
Using the Axe-Fx III as an FX Loop Only Processor
Using the Axe-Fx III as a Front End Pedalboard
Introduction to Modifiers and Controllers
External Control with Pedals
Internal Controllers
Tempo
LFOs
The Envelope Follower
ADSR
The Pitch Follower
Scene Controllers
Control Switches