Classes The Complete Axe-Fx III Master Class with Cooper Carter - v3.0 AVAILABLE NOW!

Classes for rent or purchase related to Fractal Audio equipment.
Hey Cooper. Always love what you do for the community brother. Sayin that, I don't have the need nor the time do the whole masterclass. I know exactly what I want/need as Fractal has been my fly rig for years now. If you should ever offer "modules", I would be down, as I am only interested in 2 or 3 of them, respectfully speaking of course. Maybe you offer them at $20 a pop and get more business from someone like me. I am sure there are folks willing to pay 50 or 60 bucks for a few modules versus $120 for a package that only the same modules would ever be looked at. Maybe my drug flashbacks from the 80's are jackin' with me, but that's my thought......Just sayin;)
This is an interesting thought. I'll do some thinking on this.

In my experience, if you dial in a raw tone right, you'll actually need *more* reverb and delay live and on records than you might think listening to the tone alone.

Getting hold of stem tracks from your favorite records for the first time is a business class ticket to being shocked at how wet everything is (guitars, certainly, vocals even more so).

And I've ended up being asked more times than I can count to bump delays, reverbs, and modulation effect mixes up at least 5% after we've dialed in tones solo in studio sessions. Once the band shows up and we're in production rehearsals or the first real sound check, everything gets much wetter (and usually a good bit gainier, too). So this is what I dial with a mind toward.

As long as your base tone has enough cut (midrange, sizzle, etc.), you'll probably end up using more FX mix than you first thought you needed.

I firmly believe that most people tend to dial down effects mainly because their base dry tone isn't really dialed in that well to cut in the first place. As I talk about in the class many times, the tone that really gets you going when you're cranked up alone and shredding solo is oftentimes not (read, almost never) a perfect tone for a mix, whether live or on a record. The "right" tone for your track or live mix will never get lost in effects until you get to ridiculous levels of wetness, which if I had to throw out a number from experience usually tends to be around 35%+.

Thanks Cooper, that's really interesting and somewhat contrary to forum 'wisdom'! I remember when I was learning YYZ I found one of those guitar only tracks on youtube and I was shocked as to how much chorus was on the guitar.

The course sounds great; I don't have a III however, but maybe in the new year when the foot controllers are available :)

I am swayed by their arguments as to why they don't offer downloading, namely piracy

As well you should be. I received an inquiry today via private message from an individual who is new to the forum and shall remain nameless. They asked me if I could provide them the videos from the class, even though they knew it wasn't cool to do so. I politely declined. Sorry, don't care if they're broke. I know you put probably hundreds of hours of work into this, and deserve to be compensated for it. $120 is a very, very small price to pay.

As well you should be. I received an inquiry today via private message from an individual who is new to the forum and shall remain nameless. They asked me if I could provide them the videos from the class, even though they knew it wasn't cool to do so. I politely declined. Sorry, don't care if they're broke. I know you put probably hundreds of hours of work into this, and deserve to be compensated for it. $120 is a very, very small price to pay.

I, too, got an e-mail from this individual asking for a free copy (lol) and got four separate PMs from other members saying they'd been asked for a free copy with a message that literally began "I know this isn't cool, but..."

I, too, got an e-mail from this individual asking for a free copy (lol) and got four separate PMs from other members saying they'd been asked for a free copy with a message that literally began "I know this isn't cool, but..."

LOL! Yep, same message I got. Obviously they're pretty clueless if they're asking you directly.

Hi Cooper. Congrats on going live with the course. It's obvious that you put a TON of work into it. I've already picked up several gems - including one I'm eager to incorporate into rehearsal tonight!

Question: Are videos still in the process of uploading? I'm not seeing any videos after "External Controls for Pedals". Searching back through this thread, it looks like 21 videos should exist and I'm only seeing 16.

Hi Cooper. Congrats on going live with the course. It's obvious that you put a TON of work into it. I've already picked up several gems - including one I'm eager to incorporate into rehearsal tonight!

Question: Are videos still in the process of uploading? I'm not seeing any videos after "External Controls for Pedals". Searching back through this thread, it looks like 21 videos should exist and I'm only seeing 16.

I'm working with the host on getting the file limitation resolved ASAP. Hoping to have that solved by EoD today.

Hey Cooper, previewed one of the videos and loved it. Have been intending on buying this soon and will do so. Just curious do you go deep into effects as well? Just didn't see any of the topics labelled as effects in the syllabus except using Axe as an effects only device.

Hey Cooper, previewed one of the videos and loved it. Have been intending on buying this soon and will do so. Just curious do you go deep into effects as well? Just didn't see any of the topics labelled as effects in the syllabus except using Axe as an effects only device.

We do a ton of effects work, but it happens in tandem with everything else. Every section except the Amp in the Room features effects so really every other section could be called Effects in some way or another

The Modifiers odyssey would be the closest to a dedicated FX section.

Seems I have a load of videos missing? Have these not been done yet?

Internal controllers
Tone matching
Reamping
DAW control
Wrap up

I really find it annoying when people are forking out major cash for a major professional system, then whine and complain over a $120 for an in depth walk thru the system, OR, $100 for a major preset collection made by audio professionals who spent hundreds of hours to create. Sheesh

Thank you Cooper, enjoying the program!

The "right" tone for your track or live mix will never get lost in effects until you get to ridiculous levels of wetness, which if I had to throw out a number from experience usually tends to be around 35%+.

This is surprising to me - I would have thought since big acts are generally playing in big arenas that they would have a lot of ambient sound just from the large room they're in - so you're saying that generally they still want a good amount of reverb etc on top of that? Does that go to the P.A? I've been dialing down the reverb in my presets, as I'm concerned about losing the crispness of the tone even in the smaller rooms that I play - for example a brewery that is basically a warehouse with concrete floors etc. Admittedly I haven't taken the Axe-Fx out live with the band yet though - it's been a basement tool since I got it. I'm waiting for the FCs to be released, and my Xitone cab to be delivered, both of which I'm super excited about!

Obviously I'm still learning - love this forum! Up to this point I've been playing an Egnater Renegade 212 with a pedal board live (Keeley DynaTrem, Boss CE-5, Boss DD-7, Volume Pedal, Wah, which are all great, but I can't wait to play a gig where each song has a specific amp tone and fx that line up with the original track, as well as specific tones for each of our originals.

Back
Top Bottom