1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

The Complete Axe-Fx III Master Class with Cooper Carter - Available NOW!

Discussion in 'Axe-Fx III Discussion' started by ccroyalsenders, Jun 12, 2018.

1. ccroyalsenders

ccroyalsenders
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

Ha! I'm glad someone caught that joke. Thanks for the kind words!

2. Terref69

Terref69
    Expand Collapse
    New here

I am 3/4 the way into the course. Its mind blowing , one section I had to go over 3 times to get what he was doing.( I'm new to this)
    it is worth the money if anyone wants to know. I would like to see some reviews to this course here in the forum. one of the most helpful things I learned in the first part is using the looper to adjust you sound so your not going back and forth on the guitar to the computer and back. He uses other effects in ways I never would have thought. after 8 hours of this course I feel a lot more comfortable with the axe 3.
    Having a few guitars I did notice that every pickup will sound drastically different in each presets. something again I never thought of.
    Also in the video he picks some of the coolest amps and cabnets that I would have never knew was there. this is a awesome course that will make you understand much of how the axe 3 works .. and just like me you will walk away amazed what this unit is capable of
    Big thank to fractal as well. but a big thanks to cooper for all his hard work.

3. Sambora73

Sambora73
    Expand Collapse
    New here

Cooper, I just wanted echo the positive comments. I’m new to Fractal products and this course is just what I needed! I bought it today and after a few hours I’m up to the end of the Edge of Breakup lesson. I feel like I’ve learned so much already and we’re just getting started!
    Lots of little things that never occurred to me that make using the Axe a breeze. I’m already way more familiar with Axe Edit after a few hours of Coopers guidance, than the 5 months of stumbling around on my own.

There’s been some discussion about the price, but it really is a bargain to me. Although there’s 12 hours of lessons, it’s actually way more than that even just factoring in the pauses as you make your own tweaks and adjustments. Cooper says in the intro that he’s giving us the tools to do things for ourselves and there’s so much I’ve watched already that’s integrated into the course that I’ll revisit in more detail later on, like how the rotary works.
    Bear in mind I’m saying all this after only 3 lessons!

4. yek

yek
    Expand Collapse

Nice reviews!

5. Lionfeather

Lionfeather
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

I bought into it and agree it's very well done. Still wishing I could download the videos as I would be much further along. That said, watching on my computer through my studio monitors I get to appreciate the sound much more than I would elsewhere.

Highly recommend this!

6. ccroyalsenders

ccroyalsenders
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

Thank you so much for this great review! Thrilled at the response to the class and that so many are really digging into it!!

Terref69 likes this.
  7. bradlake

bradlake
    Expand Collapse
    Axe-Master

So I figured what the hell, might as well toss a buck Twenty Cooper’s way, if for no other reason than the past pleasure of viewing his more adventurous videos, like his orchestral Star Wars stuff......maybe I’ll learn something and somehow elevate myself out of lifelong hackness...(don’t know how I got away with it professionally for so long..)....

8. Larry Kehl

Larry Kehl
    Expand Collapse
    New here

Yes, well worth the money! Kudo's Cooper!

Cooper shows a lot of, while not really hidden or highly nuanced they are not really obvious either, "how to's" as well as things I missed even though I read the words in the manual. Having Cooper show and explain in plain English, was worth the cost of the course, at least to me.

Again good course Mr. Carter.

(Now If I could just get an FC12 or even an FC6 I'd be happy as a hog in slop)

GeeJee likes this.
  9. Terref69

Terref69
    Expand Collapse
    New here

is there reason way latest posts are put so far back in posting? all your great reviews might be missed..

10. unix-guy

unix-guy
    Expand Collapse
    Axe-Master

It's called a thread... It starts at the beginning and goes to the end. It's the way forums work.

Posts that come later are (typically) in reference to those that come before, so reading in any other order doesn't make sense.

11. VRokken

VRokken
    Expand Collapse
    New here

@ccroyalsenders
    Just wanted to send a very sincere thank you for all of your time and effort put forth in developing your classes. I have just purchased and begun your Axe III course. I am very grateful to have such a resource avalable to help me better understand how to really make the most of my investment.

ccroyalsenders likes this.
  12. Eliju

Eliju
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Hey Cooper, quick question about the Cutlass. Would you say the SSS or HSS is more versatile? I never liked a bridge single coil, but your video review sounded great. On the fence about which one I want to get and wanted some professional input. Thanks!

13. Gearhead

Gearhead
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Being an Axe-Fx user for over ten years now I can only tell you: go and get this course. I'm halfway through it and have learned so much. Can't be recommended highly enough. Thanks, Cooper!

Slayerblob and ccroyalsenders like this.
  14. ccroyalsenders

ccroyalsenders
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

That's a tough one. They've done a beautiful job with the bridge on the SSS, which was refreshing, since I'm in your camp---I've always found that the least usable stand-alone pickup on most guitars.
    If outright "versatility" is what you're going for though, I'd probably have to go with the HSS.

rcv24 likes this.
  15. Eliju

Eliju
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

That's kinda what I was thinking. I guess I'll eventually have to buy both. Thanks!

16. Rekster

Rekster
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

Can someone confirm whether this course is downloadable or not? This post implies it isn't but I thought I read an earlier post saying that it is.

17. VRokken

VRokken
    Expand Collapse
    New here

The course is streaming only but can be viewed at your own pace and is yours to replay as long as the site remains active. I will also confirm that the site does accept paypal which another individual had inquired about.

18. Rekster

Rekster
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

This post from the author says everything will be downloadable... ?

I'm very interested in this course, but with the crappy exchange rate in Canada it will cost me $160 so at that cost I'd really like to be able to keep an offline copy.

19. VRokken

VRokken
    Expand Collapse
    New here

I believe he is speaking about all of the patches he provides with the class. There are several patches and they are all downloadable but, I do not see a way to download the actual course.

20. Rex

Rex
    Expand Collapse
    Legend!

He was speaking about the course itself, based on this exchange: