The "Clark Kent" Personality

INTJ as well, and I'm pretty sure I've had the same results every time since I first took the MB test back in 98 or so. I think that 2% is a bit off, or we're all rare weirdos in here.
Most people here are guitarists, so it kinda makes sense that there's a lot of weirdos here. ;)
After all, think of all the time you wasted playing guitar you could have done something productive like extorting money from schoolkids or raping nudibranchs.

Edit:
A nudibranch. I like those thingy.

Kubaryana_eating_clavelina.jpg

the problem with the Meyers/Briggs test is people answer the questions as they perceive themselves,not how they actually are.;)
you could read the question and say, yes i'll take the moral high ground in that situation.In real life,probably not.

That's correct. My girlfriend did this test and... well... she is the kindest person in the world, like an opposite of me with an unlimited resource of sympathy etc. but according to the test she's almost like me. I saw her make the test and I think she was honest but most of her answers were close to the middle. However I think that me being in the same room affected how she answered the test. So in order to make this work you have to be really honest even when you know it's going to give you a bad result. That's honesty.

But again, it does raise the question of validity with a questionnaire that is completed from self referrals. I think if someone who knew me really well or a professional psychologist were to answer the questions for me, I'm almost certain that my outcome would have been different.

EDIT : as soon as I got my results this morning so I left for work without reading what INFJ is. So, here's some points :

Even though their presence can be described as very quiet, INFJ personalities usually have many strong opinions - definitely me.

INFJs should be careful to avoid “overheating” as their zeal and determination can sometimes get out of hand. As introverts, INFJs need to have some “alone time” every once in a while or otherwise their internal energy reserves will get depleted really quickly. If this happens, the INFJ may surprise everybody around them by withdrawing from all their activities for a while – and since other people usually see INFJs as extroverts, this can leave them both surprised and concerned. yeah, me too !

Unsurprisingly, people with this personality type are very sensitive and vulnerable to conflicts – even the most rational INFJs may find it quite difficult to not take criticism personally. This is the INFJ’s Achilles’ heel – if someone with an INFJ personality cannot escape the conflict, they will do their best to deal with it head on, but this will result in a lot of stress - yes it's me, lol

most of the description in the INFJ personality | 16 Personality Types page is accurate for me except this :
(...) may rush to the place of a major disaster, participate in rescue efforts, do charity work etc. INFJs see this as their duty and their purpose in life - not really, or bad examplespeople with this personality type firmly believe that nothing else would help the world as much as getting rid of all the tyrants.this one, yes. Karma and similar concepts are very attractive to INFJs. no, as an atheist I don't believe in Karma. But I often say "karma is a bitch" :)

INTJ as well. I remember doing these tests when working for a big corporation and out of 400+ people only 7 were INTJ. Made me realise that I had to get the hell out of there!

As am I. INFP is the 'idealist' the guy who says 'why can't we all just get along' among many other things. We are highly empathetic, and we're rare (my personal theory for why the world is such a mess :)

Some famous INFPs: Rousseau, Kierkegaard, Homer, George Orwell,Virginia Woolf, John Milton, William Blake, Kurt Cobain, Heath Ledger, John Lennon, JK Rowling, J.R.R. Tolkien. Most of us are 'too sensitive' by nature, and struggle both with intensely social situations (parties, weddings etc.), and with the cruelty and brutality we see all around us.

Interesting link Clark, I'm an INFP apparently.

Another ENTP here. Did this test a while ago during a training about leadership. Very interesting and I recognize myself in the description :)

ENTJ here, and apparently I'm in the 3% club.

Other ENTJ'ers:
Steve Jobs, the ex-CEO of Apple
Franklin D. Roosevelt, former U.S. president
Richard M. Nixon, former U.S. president
Harrison Ford, actor
Steve Martin, actor and composer
Whoopi Goldberg, actress
Margaret Thatcher, the “Iron Lady”
Al Gore, former U.S. vice president
Jim Carrey, actor

I'm in the rarest club, 1% o_O. Famous INFJ : Jimmy Carter, Goethe, Mel Gibson, Mother Teresa, Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela, Nicole Kidman, James Wilson from House M.D.

If this is not about the Enneagram, I can thoroughly recommend to do that test too (although on the interet they may not use enough questions to best determine your type).

It has been a HUGE eye-opener to me as I happened to fall exactly on one of the (I believe) 9 personality types.
For like the full 8 pages in my book about that type, I felt 95% of what I was reading was bang on!

IOW, a whole other level than magazine astrology.
I hear the enneagram is used by "serious companies" as well.

It seems you can keep on going with it to get more detail, but my feeling is the major value is in just getting one book and reading about the one or more types you fall into (and read about other types to see what makes them tick!!).

But again, it does raise the question of validity with a questionnaire that is completed from self referrals. I think if someone who knew me really well or a professional psychologist were to answer the questions for me, I'm almost certain that my outcome would have been different.
I asked my instructor the same question (or someone did in the class) and I'm not real big on astrology or fortune tellers or palm readers and crap, but this is actually a pretty scientific means of determining a type. Now it's absolutely based on how you perceive things; every question is based on a personal judgment or what you consider important and how you make decisions. Not every question has a right answer and nobody is 100% in any one category that the four letters represent. It just gives you an insight into how you formulate decisions and deal with people.

There is a bit of a breakdown as to what the letters represent. MBTI Personality Types

If someone answers the questionnaire honestly they will almost always feel like the description applies to them.

But the main thing that people should understand is that just because this provides some explanation as to how you think doesn't mean that you are good at any of them. :) Its purely based on what you hold valuable as determining factors. I know that I tend to keep emotion out of my decision making but it doesn't mean that I am incapable of empathy; it just means that I value reason over emotion or feelings....I can assure you that not every single decision I've ever made was without emotion.

Clark, thank you for linking the 16 personalities site, very interesting, I have fun. Maybe I'm an INTP.

I guess you are not listed there. Look at this forum, there is no one all around here who is like you. Are you sure, you fit any template?

Back
Top Bottom