The Character knob is AWESOME

Old thread but I'm glad it got revived. What a difference it makes. I wish you could assign a controller to it. I could never figure why only certain parameters are assignable. I would think it wouldn't take much in the way of programing to change that

Ok then. Let me dive in and see what all this hype is with the magical knob! All I gotta do is convince the wife that there's some kind of sale going on somewhere and everything is half off, throw her a fitty and tell her I'm going to work on that leaky faucet. Or it'll be another 4 months lol

I could never figure why only certain parameters are assignable. I would think it wouldn't take much in the way of programing to change that
Often, it’s because there are a lot of calculations going on, and there’s no way to adjust the parameter on the fly without dropouts, clicks, or other artifacts.

That's awesome. That opens up so many possibilities. Learning the Axe FX inside out could be a full time job. I don't think there has been a single day since I got the thing more than 2 years ago that I didn't get my hands on it. I haven't played so much in years either. I've always played at least an hour a day since I was a kid but it's great to have 5 or 6 hours a day playtime. Really gets the fingers in shape. Thanks for your response.

That's possible with FracPad. Once assigned, the modifier can be edited later from Control: Modifiers menu of front panel or Axe-Edit.

True. But in my experiments with it, it became quite clear why those parameters weren't given that option. In virtually every case, when I attached a controller using FracPad (or was it perhaps FracTool? Hmmm. In any event...) the preset distorted like crazy, which I took to mean some sort of CPU overage occurred. This, despite any indication that the CPU of the preset was in a "danger zone".

If someone manages to find a way to make those controller attachments practical, i'd LOVE to know about it!

Back
Top Bottom