AFIII The Cars - "Let's Go" Cover

Fro

Experienced
This is from our show last night. We just added this one to the set, and it was our first time trying it. We're a three piece band, no keyboards or backing tracks. So I try to do my best at cover guitar and keyboard parts at the same time. I'm playing my 1979 Telecaster, and I'm using the 1970 Plexi amp sim.

Edit: Adding Video and Patch

I got around to putting together a video. I just have 3 old Zoom Q3 cameras that I mount around the stage. The audio is recorded from our X32 mixer using the Cymatic Audio u-Track card and mixed in Logic. Nothing was done to the guitar track, just EQ and compression on vocals and drums since they are raw tracks. It's the same audio as the SoundCloud clip. The video was edited in Adobe Premier.

I'm also adding the patch. I exported it with the new Axe Edit III Beta, so let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm uploading 2 because I'm including one where I disabled the external controllers. External 1 is for the Wah, and 2 is for a Tremolo I use in another song. Both are set for Auto Engage with off being toe down. I have all of the Output Blocks in the patch because I'm still experimenting with which one i want to use as my send to my Atomic CLR's.

This is normally one of my lead patches, so it has a bit more drive than I usually use. I wanted something that filled in more space for this song. Turn off the Drive and Delay, and you have my general purpose crunch patch. I also normally use a 57/121 Marshall TV IR from one of the Fractal ML cab packs, but I switched it for a couple of the stock TV cabs. I'm pretty sure these are from the same pack. It's sounds identical to my ears. Reminder: I'm using a 1979 Telecaster with a Dimarzio Area Hot T in the bridge, and dialed in for live volumes, so this will be dark if you are using humbuckers or playing at low volumes.

Let me know if you have questions.

Attachments

• Fro's Plexi.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 33
  • Fro's Plexi - No Externals.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Sounds great! Awesome tune. That came out the summer before I started high school and was part of the soundtrack the whole time. The whole band did a nice job.

Great job! Not many decent cover bands out there; therefore, not many decent live videos. Many times we get perfected rehearsal in someone's house or murky smartphone gig footage - guilty as charged!

Your method is a solid way to do live demos, and behringer preamps don't suck anymore. It's not as much work as it used to be, and a little stereo ambient mic is great to mix in.

I guess I've gotten lazy. I have a digital live board, a couple extra iPhones and ambient mic input, but I don't use them. My problem is I'm the only one on stage. I really need one-button control of cameras and board so I only capture what I want when I want.

I also like the idea of a follow-cam to add motion. This is the only one that can accurately follow a moving, turning musician in low light, just need it to get beyond kickstarter (if ever)

Last edited:
holy crap that is great cover! great vocals and guitar covering all the keys and guitars! would love to see you guys live.

Reactions: Fro
Back
Top Bottom