The Camera Eye solo preset FM3

DavidCarrMusic

Inspired
Hi chums, this is my first attempt at creating and sharing a patch made on my new FM3. I started with one of my all time favourite Rush moments.
Scene 1 is my first attempt at the solo sound, the seriously distorted tone of the original and blend of direct- a favourite trick of Alex's throughout the 80's. If you're able to find the isolated tracks on youtube, you can hear how wild the solo tone is. Heaps of distortion and pickup feedback!

Scene 2 is a further refined version chasing the tone I imagine he got with his Marshall Club and Country combos (which were apparently Fender twin inspired) so the JTM45 seemed a good choice.

Anyway, I hope this works. Please let me know what you think and how I might improve it.

Attachments

• The Camera Eye FM3.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
One of my all time favorite Rush songs, and Alex solos! The tone sounds spot on, and the playing as others have said, is great! Thank you for sharing the preset - will try this one out tonight!

Hi chums, this is my first attempt at creating and sharing a patch made on my new FM3. I started with one of my all time favourite Rush moments.
Scene 1 is my first attempt at the solo sound, the seriously distorted tone of the original and blend of direct- a favourite trick of Alex's throughout the 80's. If you're able to find the isolated tracks on youtube, you can hear how wild the solo tone is. Heaps of distortion and pickup feedback!

Scene 2 is a further refined version chasing the tone I imagine he got with his Marshall Club and Country combos (which were apparently Fender twin inspired) so the JTM45 seemed a good choice.

Anyway, I hope this works. Please let me know what you think and how I might improve it.

Great tone & playing of an awesome Lerxst solo from an amazing song. I wore out the Exit Stage Left VHS tape in the 80s, which sadly doesn't include the complete concert :mad:

Alex's solos on Moving Pictures combine Gilmour's melodic sense with a little EVH (maybe a little Holdsworth?) thrown in. All of them are more instrumental passages than solos to my ears.

Seeing/hearing Rush play Xanadu at MSG on the MP Tour changed me as a guitarist. Started guitar lessons with a great teacher (Johnny Photon) who taught me scales, chord inversions, theory, accurate transcriptions of songs instead of the pre-tablature piano/chord versions. I still suck as a guitar player, just a little less sucky than pre-Rush at MSG.

Great tone & playing of an awesome Lerxst solo from an amazing song. I wore out the Exit Stage Left VHS tape in the 80s, which sadly doesn't include the complete concert :mad:
I finally purchased that video (which I saw on our national broadcaster in 81) on VHS in 2000 after wearing out the record and being annoyed nobody else I knew was into Rush like I was. More recently I got ESL on Laserdisc which looks pretty darn good. Better than the DVD anyway and an analog sound option too.

Back
Top Bottom