The Boys Are Back in Town

simeon

Axe-Master
ULTRA ONLY

(sorry, standard owners!)

ok, here it is - http://www.simeonharris.co.uk/misc/Boys_Are_Back.zip

it's quite complicated to set up, so check out the included notes and carefully replace my controller assignments with your own.

you'll need to set up a custom scale as well - also included in the notes

the next challenge will be to see if i can do a two amp version....

any probs, let me know

i've concentrated on the layout and harmonisers here, so the amp is probably not "right". if anybody has some suggestions on this, please let me know!

sim

hmmm....no two amp version possible. the ultra can't run two amps and two pitch shifters at the same time. i did end up with a nice dual plexi patch though! (wah on one side and not the other is FAT!)

sorry pete, probably deleted it from my server. let me have a look and see if i can find the notes for it and i'll upload in a bit...

nope, it's gone

i did find the notes about the custom scale to use though - go into the global menu and set up custom scale 1 like this...

A -5
A♯ 0
B -5
C 0
C♯ -4
D -3
D♯ 0
E -3
F 0
F♯ -4
G 0
G♯ 0

you can use this for the main harmonised riff, but it won't work for the solo, because the scale changes

in the original patch i had a fixed shift harmoniser set up as well as the custom shift to use for the solo section. i had a cc pedal tied to shift, so that i could alter the harmonised note as i played. i'll keep looking for the patch

sim

here's the patch

i have it set up so
controller 5 turns the harmoniser on and off
controller 4 turns the solo harmoniser on and off (only works when controller 5 is on)
controller 1 (continuous) changes the harmony note when controllers 5 and 4 are both on

controllers 4 and 5 also make a lot of other changes in the patch to do with drive, delay and reverb levels (it's pretty complicated!)

so what you do is hit controller 5 for the harmonised riff. when it's solo time, you turn on 5 and 4 and waggle controller 1 to get the right harmony notes. when the solo finishes, turn off 4 and you can go straight into the harmonised riff to finish

'kay?

:)

I imported you sysex ... and I have 94% of CPU !!! :geek

If I try to turn on wah, drive or any other effect it doesn't work

can you tell me how you build the preset ?

thanks ! :p

Back
Top Bottom