Thank you Stephane. The most important things are the guitar/the playing and the Axe FX for his capacity to route and mix the different signals to try to reproduce what happened in the "Tent of doom".

A LOT of work in progress. When it will be finished, I'll share the presets and you'll understand.

Next sounds : Through the never and Wherever I may roam (I keep Sandman and Sad but true for the end).

Last edited:
This is fantastic. They used quite a few different guitars on the verse part so putting this together is a very tedious task. Kudos to you for getting it this close. Can't wait to hear the rest. Through the Never is one of my favorite tunes on that album so I am really looking forward to that.

Thank you Narsh. I have about 20 presets to make you hear so this is just the beginning of this thread.
I spent A LOT OF TIME seeking the right tones. I should improve my playing to come closer. For The Unforgiven I hear some mistakes but I think I can do better and I'll do better for the next songs.

For these first two samples, there are two guitars : one 100% left, the other one 100% right, except for the first part of the verse sample : there is a third guitar in the center but it's undermixed, you can hear it follows the singing, just notes are played, no chords. The thickness of the sound comes from the Axe FX.

New sample : Through The Never.

Just two guitars (panned 80% left/right this time). Try to listen to it with headphones too !

I did not spend a lot of time on this title because it was more difficult. After listening the recording, I think I should lower the low-end and improve the high end emphasizing a special ingredient...

The playing : it's not perfect and lacks energy sometimes...

The sound : it's almost here I think. But you know, it's a work in progress

So, what do you think ?

Next : Wherever I may roam.

Last edited:
Thank you Psykopsilocybin.

After finishing and listening Wherever I May Roam, I realised that the sound was not perfect and I've just already improved it. The playing is not good, especially on hammers.

I did Through The Never presets again because I was not satisfied with them and they are much better now.

There are two songs left. When everything will be finished, I'll record everything with the right presets, the right number of guitars and I'll take time to play correctly. Work in progress...

If I receive my Axe FX III before that, I'll port all this Black Album presets to the III and record everything with the III.

Next song : Enter Sandman

Last edited:
Hi Tannhauser,

Yes, I am going to but I would like to work again on these presets. I've got new ideas on how to improve them. The problem is I can't find time to try them and this requires a lot. Be sure I'll be back here to share these presets.

Have a good day.

Clive

Back
Top Bottom