THE BEST IR IN THE WORLD! (free)

I don’t like this ir at all. Not sure what the hype is. ? Am I doing something wrong lol!?
It depends on what you're doing. :) The way I make IR's is to save people from tweaking.. not by processing IR's but to spend that extra time on finetuning the mic positions and capture everything clean. This IR is a good example of such use cases. Pick any of the Friedman HBE amp sims.. 2018 is awesome f.ex. and leave the settings on default. Then use this IR raw. That's a pretty awesome sound if you ask me. :)

I have bought a bunch of IRs but with the III, this is my User slot =)

cabs.jpg

I have tried yesterday the IR. Man....i have tried many IR's to get to a tone that suites me and after i have tried the exact same settings with this IR, i was shocked because it sounded so damn well...i didn't had to make just a little bit of tweaking and there i was. It sounds huge, good.

Btw, sorry for the offtopic. I have studio monitors at home and a PA at the rehearsal room. It has been talked before but it is still uncertain what to do. For live use, should i tweak the tone at full power on the PA with all the eq set at noon? Or should i tweak it at full power on the studio monitors?

Thank you once again and keep up the awesome work!

I have tried yesterday the IR. Man....i have tried many IR's to get to a tone that suites me and after i have tried the exact same settings with this IR, i was shocked because it sounded so damn well...i didn't had to make just a little bit of tweaking and there i was. It sounds huge, good.

Btw, sorry for the offtopic. I have studio monitors at home and a PA at the rehearsal room. It has been talked before but it is still uncertain what to do. For live use, should i tweak the tone at full power on the PA with all the eq set at noon? Or should i tweak it at full power on the studio monitors?

Thank you once again and keep up the awesome work!
Thank you for the nice words!

I loaded this one yesterday, first time venturing outside the factory pre-loaded cabs after owning the XL+ for a few months. Now, I'm wondering if I even need to get a full cab pack! It worked equally well with High Gain Friedman HBE and Low/Mid Gain Dirty Shirley tones with the knobs almost totally at default (other than gain level). Even getting a nice sparkly clean sound with the the ODS-100 with the bright switch on. Very eye (ear?) opening to the benefits of a good IR that I see so many people talking about lurking on this forum.

I loaded this one yesterday, first time venturing outside the factory pre-loaded cabs after owning the XL+ for a few months. Now, I'm wondering if I even need to get a full cab pack! It worked equally well with High Gain Friedman HBE and Low/Mid Gain Dirty Shirley tones with the knobs almost totally at default (other than gain level). Even getting a nice sparkly clean sound with the the ODS-100 with the bright switch on. Very eye (ear?) opening to the benefits of a good IR that I see so many people talking about lurking on this forum.
Well, thank you for the nice words! :) This is one of the reasons I put the IR up so that people who felt like IR's aren't worth the investment, would try this out and have the reaction that you're having.

IR's are so powerful in shaping your sound that cabinet mic up is easily one of the most overlooked aspects in guitar tone. This IR is more of a modern neutral type sound. Now, imagine having a vintage Marshall IR for those Plexis. Imagine having an Orange 4x12 to use with the Orange amp sims. Many of the amp sims don't really sound too great if they're not played through the cab they're intended to be used with. :)

I got to try this.. :) Is the link at the top still active? I see the listing but it tells me the file cannot be 'previewed'. Not sure how to download..

Late to this party.......but I´ve tried this IR and think it´s really good with Mesa Amps, but not with Marshall-type amps. Has got a lot of mids and sound very good at the high strings. Sounds to me sometimes like 1x12" box?

Back
Top Bottom