THE BEST IR IN THE WORLD! (free)

Spent a good couple of hours yesterday testing this IR with various factory cabs - everything from high gain, crunch and clean. Worked great with pretty much all of them at default settings. Really well done, Mikko!

Great vid for sure, looking forward to the rest of the cab pack this is from....that idea of picking your own bundle might be nice, as I have your first bass pack (Ampeg 4-10) and now have to re-buy it to get the Mesa Bass Cab...but no biggee, I'll save on the other pack (AC-30) that now comes with like 3 packs of 2-12s, or so, so it all balances out in the end!

Spent a good couple of hours yesterday testing this IR with various factory cabs - everything from high gain, crunch and clean. Worked great with pretty much all of them at default settings. Really well done, Mikko!
This is actually a personal "one-off" IR that I've had in my Axe-Fx II for almost a year now and it sort of became this safety net that when ever I used that IR I had nothing to worry about in the mix. :) Really a magical IR... but obviously what really sells it is my "bravado". (?) :D

Ok so I loaded the IR and it sounds surprisingly close to my current live IR mixed from several valhallir-IRs. So my first question to ML: Is this a mix or a single shot?

I'm not sure if I'll use this IR, have to try it in band context. Or I use it in a stereo cab block in case I'll once have two inputs on the FOH so the mixer can decide.

Another question: Since this wav file is SO long and has quite some energy even after those 1,365 seconds, did you fade out the ir- and syx-variant?

Very good IR indeed! I'm really surprised and amazed that you give it away for free :)

Had the chance to try it out at volume over the weekend - VERY impressed, it has taken over the place as my main IR - thank you very much! I could remove a lot of the eq'ing I had going on with the present IR, and it sounds much more natural, while being even more punchy. Great stuff!

Thank you guys for the awesome feedback. I guess this is new to you guys but years back when this forum was a very different kind of community I actually started sharing IR's for free and even to this day I come across some professionals using the "Clark Kent IR's". I'm Clark Kent and I gave sooooo many IR's for free. It's never really been about the business but rather I enjoy hearing all this amazing music being made using my IR's. That's the real dream come true for me. It's you guys. :) Thank you for enjoying them!

It's going to be a secret for sure. People will connect brand names with certain genres. F.ex. if I say it's Orange people will visualize it more as a rock IR, if I say it's Mesa people will think it's just for metal, if I say it's Marshall people will think it's once again just a brit rock thing. It's better that people don't know and put brand names on it. If you agree that it's good then feel free to use it. If you don't like it... it was free and you lost nothing giving it a shot. :)

Fair enough dude :) Big fan of your IRs since the old days (Remember the gift to the mankind IR?) and FAS Cab packs of yours as well (Use them all the time). Thank you once again for all the great stuff. whether free or paid, I am a big fan of them.

Fair enough dude :) Big fan of your IRs since the old days (Remember the gift to the mankind IR?) and FAS Cab packs of yours as well (Use them all the time). Thank you once again for all the great stuff. whether free or paid, I am a big fan of them.
Cheers! And don't worry about it. It's intentional mystery. :) I definitely remember you too from way back on these forums.

Back
Top Bottom