THE BEST IR IN THE WORLD! (free)

ML just released the best IR in the world. Job done. ;-)

I don’t know what or if there is something else in preparation but I like his IR and I wish to hear for what’s next... sooner than soon !

Ha! When "the next thing" is out you'll probably understand why it took so much time. I'm really not interested in pushing essentially the same pack out for you guys year after year after year. "Guess what?! It's a V30 Cab Pack and wait for it... next time it's a Greenback Cab Pack." I don't know if that's exactly what you guys wanted but it would be really boring in my opinion. At least I'm not interested in shooting a pack like that. Honestly I made sure the captures I did from day one were perfect. Cab Pack 7 was my first pack and no other IR pack is better for the Petrucci sound and it's been like 5 years.

For the past year or so I've been collecting a lot of gear. A LOT OF GEAR! I highly recommend you follow the ML Sound Lab Facebook page since I will be dropping plenty of information as soon as I have a release date set: https://www.facebook.com/mlsoundlab/

Ha! When "the next thing" is out you'll probably understand why it took so much time. I'm really not interested in pushing essentially the same pack out for you guys year after year after year. "Guess what?! It's a V30 Cab Pack and wait for it... next time it's a Greenback Cab Pack." I don't know if that's exactly what you guys wanted but it would be really boring in my opinion. At least I'm not interested in shooting a pack like that. Honestly I made sure the captures I did from day one were perfect. Cab Pack 7 was my first pack and no other IR pack is better for the Petrucci sound and it's been like 5 years.

For the past year or so I've been collecting a lot of gear. A LOT OF GEAR! I highly recommend you follow the ML Sound Lab Facebook page since I will be dropping plenty of information as soon as I have a release date set: https://www.facebook.com/mlsoundlab/

Oh man, I really don’t like FB !

Please, share here ! Thanks.

Tried the IR but only with my pod xt.. so cannot say much yet. I'll be testing it out soon with a couple of tube Amps though. Up to now the best IRs for me have been done with a tube power amp, more specifically by by sinmix, so interested to hear more from you since you also shoot IRs a (partly) similar way.

Tried the IR but only with my pod xt.. so cannot say much yet. I'll be testing it out soon with a couple of tube Amps though. Up to now the best IRs for me have been done with a tube power amp, more specifically by by sinmix, so interested to hear more from you since you also shoot IRs a (partly) similar way.
All ML Sound Lab IR's are done with tube amps as well. Also we remove the tube power amp distortion that would otherwise make the IR's unusable for most use cases. After coming up with this IR shoot method years ago they added it as a part of the Axe-Fx IR shoot function called "mic+di". Essentially using a power tube amp raw will give you a scooped IR that doesn't work with something like an Axe-Fx that also has that modeled in it. That would give you "double-scoop" and maybe a really good Pantera tone. :D

This "Best IR in the World" has quickly become my favorite IR
Cheers buddy! It's definitely one of those IR's I keep in my first IR slot so whenever I find something that I really like I can come back and quickly compare. There's just something magic about the feel of that IR. It's not just EQ. Some kind of spongy dynamic thing as well with the real life mic phasing that really worked nicely. :)

Reactions: D20
I don’t like this ir at all. Not sure what the hype is. ? Am I doing something wrong lol!?

Back
Top Bottom