The band Failure using Axe-Fx II

Ken, congratulations on getting back together! I hadn't heard about the reunion until seeing this thread. I checked out some videos of the show, it was great. I hope that you decide to do more.

Last edited:
Hey Ken, good to see you on here. You guys sounded great the other night.

Do you have any plan to share your patches with the community? I heard from Matt about your 5-scene bass patch, Id love to check that out. If you don't plan on uploading it and you just want to send it my way, you have my email address ;)

Quick question: If a band called Failure are using AxeFX II's, is that a Fail or a Win? I'm confused...

Duh-Winning-55132393261.png

Judging from a few of Kelli Scott's recent Instagram pics, it looks like they may be in the studio recording a new album.... Can anyone confirm this? Ken?

Never heard of the band Failure, so guess what I thought?
I am now also confused about the title of this thread. Is it a failure or a success? Since it was misunderstood often it failed, but since many clicked on it, it was a success.

I guess that since inciting interest is the purpose of thread titles, this is a success.

Can't wait for the new album. Already pledged for a few items....

The clips in the videos so far sound awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Admin: I have edited your message because it would not be right to do a group buy on something like this. If ten people want the presets, they should each pay the requested $300.

Last edited by a moderator:
$30 per preset..... (and I don't play bass, so morel like $42 and some charge per present) seems a bit steep.

Will they at least keep giving new versions as the FW keeps getting updated ? Or might someone end up with a $300 set of FW17 presets that need a ton of tweaks for FW18/G3 modeling when that drops ?

Yep, we are fractalized. My buddy Billy Howerdel of a perfect circle hipped me to fractal a few months ago. The first time I sat down to play with one lasted 3 hours. For us there was not another viable solution out there. The sunn model 15s are augmented with 2 QSC KW181 subs. We both play bass as well as guitar, so axe-fx with FRFRF is kind of a must. Feedback is a big part of our show, plus we are believers in having some form of backline speakers to fill in the audience up close and also to just directional-ize the sound for the audience. It's just weird when the band is only coming through the FOH PA. -ken

Ken I watched your rig rundown and I like that digital meter. How is it connected to your Fractal? AES or S/PDIF?

Back
Top Bottom