The Bad Thing Tone!?

Like I was saying though, the clip I posted has BASS MUTED. The tone/IR is naturally beefy, it seems. I'm talking about the "recording tips" video as opposed to the album track.

So the reason for the beef is dual recording of the tracks. If you listen to Misha he records that guitar riff twice adding a separate dynamic making the tone literally twice as present. THAT in itself is the recording tip he was demonstrating. He even shows "copying" the tracks, that won't work as he explains.

A way you could achieve this is build presets similar right next to each other. One more raspy, one more bassy then track your riff with each recording in parallel.

Is there something I may not be understanding that you are desiring for that tone?

So the reason for the beef is dual recording of the tracks. If you listen to Misha he records that guitar riff twice adding a separate dynamic making the tone literally twice as present. THAT in itself is the recording tip he was demonstrating. He even shows "copying" the tracks, that won't work as he explains.

A way you could achieve this is build presets similar right next to each other. One more raspy, one more bassy then track your riff with each recording in parallel.

Is there something I may not be understanding that you are desiring for that tone?

I'm just chasing the tone itself, I can't seem to quite nail it.

I remember reading somewhere, probably on ask.fm that they use the "PVH 6160 Block" model, don't know if this is only for live tones though or for the record as well.
They used a Zilla Fatboy 2x12 cab with one V30 and one Creamback speaker if I remember correctly, not quite sure what mics but I do remember Heil PR30 being mentioned.
I know they are also fans of the Friedman BE/HBE model so might try that one out as well.

Back
Top Bottom