The AxeFx Ultra with the Atomic MB-50 Tube Poweramp

bulb

Hey guys!

So i am trying out this cool little tube mono block poweramp that Atomic makes. It is powered by 2 6L6's and is 50 watts. I am using it with my Axefx currently through my Diezel RL cab (the only cab i have at my apt) and man this setup sounds RIDICULOUS!

I think i am going to ditch my Engl rig for this kind of setup. Honestly i cant believe so little gear can make so much sound. Though since im on tour a lot, i might look into a rackmount poweramp version of this for that purpose, but for jamming at home or an easy way to power your axefx at a small gig, this sounds pretty fucking awesome. Like i can dial in a sound similar to my Engl, but then dial in 1000 other presets, and there is something about playing the Axefx through a tube amp and cab that just feels so right! This thing really packs a punch too, it gets LOUD! The best part about it is it weighs 15lbs!! All you guys who have stereo poweramps out there know how much those things weigh, but apparently this has some different kind of transformers that weigh a lot less than the conventional ones. This is like the perfect little poweramp to bring around.
Also, though im not 100% on this, but it seems to be Dual Voltage as well!!

Here is a video of Jake and I testing it out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1X6likPKS8

And here are some pics of the MB-50:
Front.jpg

Front3.jpg

Back2.jpg

Back22.jpg

I can tell it sounds good, but you might not want to sit between the speaker cab and the camera... it picks up almost as much string noise as cab noise. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom