The AxeFx makes you sound better*

A good rig does help, no question. Sure, I sound better playing out of the Axe FX vs. an 80's Gorilla practice amp.

I played out of my friend's Line6 HD500. It's nice for what it is, but yeah the models seem a bit sterile especially on the cleans. I'm just attuned to more dynamic reaction to my picking technique. I guess the AxeFX, and real tube amps, have spoiled us.

The Axe FX doesn't make anything... it's a box made out of metal with a lot of little bits of silicone inside of it. YOU make the Axe FX sound better. Never forget that.

I'm not discounting the "tone is in the fingers" axiom we all know. EVH would sound better through the Axe than GRig. This is my point. It would be less obvious in his case, but still true.

Personally, after going through 50 amps in 7 years, from Modenas to Dr. Zs to SLOs to Tonekings to yadda yadda yadda, the only time I have EVER been happy is using the Axe. Finally, I can make that POS Marshall sound like I want it to, at any volume I want it to, wihout compromise.

It does not make me play any better. But it allows me to sound like what I want, and that is a huge part of what music is all about.

The only piece of equipment I have EVER bought that was worth every penny.

The feel and response I get with the axe fx definitely makes me play a lot more musically/dynamically compared to my old rig (HD500 and HT-20).

I also find myself practicing a LOT more now that I am running the axe- that alone has justified the purchase for me.

Actually I was thinking about trading my FX-II for a Pignose. Glad you posted. Just changed my mind.

Back
Top Bottom