The Axe-Fx 3 works only at 48Khz

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP, the Axe III is a guitar processor. It is marketed as such, was designed as such, constructed as such... 48k for a guitar processor (given the audio range of guitar tones) is more than adequate. Changing the sample rate to 96k would necessarily cut the number of effects that could that could be used simultaneously — which is one of the main marketing points for this device.

It isn’t Fractals fault that you wish to use their device differently from its design / intent. Have you gone to the hardware store recently to complain that their hammers don’t cut wood?

Ok, maybe they can't increase it and it could be fine, but why they can't make 44100Hz available? it will also increase the number of effects that could be used simultaneously, it could be a real benefit.
Would you go to the hardware store to complain if their saw can cut titanium but not wood?

I think the answer is, yes.

Ha! @Jason Scott You are grammar policing me after a guy drops insults and F bombs as his "hello"?Are we in the upside down? Is Eleven here too? Watch out for the demogorgon!

Once anyone opens in such an asshole way the "point" is moot, as his already is, whether he accepts it or not. He got his answer, thought it was undeserved.

My bad though, I thought that was obvious because such sad behavior is blessedly rare here.

Ha! You are grammar policing me after a guy drops insults and F bombs as his "hello"?
Are we in the upside down? Is Eleven here too? Watch out for the demogorgon!

Once anyone opens in such an asshole way the "point" is moot, as his already is, whether he accepts it or not.

My bad though, I thought that was obvious because such idiotic behavior is blessedly rare here.

No one is grammar policing anything. I'm simply pointing out that you didn't specify what you were referring to, thus it's easy to see how someone would conflate your comment with a reference to the sampling rate issue itself. If you can't see that, I don't know what to tell you. Personally, I don't understand why you or others are so easily offended by the OP's opinion. So he thinks it's stupid that sample rates aren't selectable. Whoop-de-doo.

Last edited:
Just to be clear my point is not about quality it is about ease of use, i don't give a fuck if it's 44.100 or 109214934390Khz. if i'm working on a project someone else did i need to open it and start using AXE FX on it as it is. I don't even want to know at what sample rate the project is set.

o_O

In that cause use the analog ins and outside as other have stated....that might be the only way you won't need to know the sample rate it's set at....

I see this thread being locked in 3.....2.....1...

o_O

In that cause use the analog ins and outside as other have stated....that might be the only way you won't need to know the sample rate it's set at....

Analog is an option, though I can hear a subtle difference between it and SPDIF, which is why I use the latter.

o_O

read this please and answer yourself why i would ever create this thread if it could be the same thing as a direct digital connection:

It's obvious that i can use analog out, but USB connection has surely greater benefit such having less latency (or none) than going out D/A and back in an A/D for two times, if you are working on processing a signal summed in parallel with the dry it could be a real problem.
In every case why I had to buy a converter to convert a digital signal in an analog one and then send it to the AXE FX which it's a digital device which will reconvert it in digital and then back in audio and than reconvert it in digital to record it? It's none sense, a digital device should have the ease of use of being connected digitally and be able to process digital signal without having a fixed sample rate.

It must be ok to point that out without being called an idiot.
I agree but it helps when one doesn't start off by referring to someone's design decision for their product as stupid.

I learned a long time ago that when I don't like something it can really help to understand why it is the way it is. Sometimes that helps me to like it and sometimes it doesn't but one at least have to try.

For example, if the OP checked their anger at the door and entitled their post "Why is the sample rate fixed at 48 kHz?" this thread would look a whole lot different, wouldn't it?

The sample rate of the Axe FX III is not "stupid" - the OP is ignorant in that they don't know why it is the way it is.

Last edited:
The latency is very low....which is not even a point if you're just adding fx to existing tracks....and if it is, you simply zoom in, nudge the track and you're done....

Latency more comes into play when an instrumentalist is trying to track something and that instrument has an especially sharp transient like say a guitar or drum.....but then again, you said you don't like it for 'boring' guitars

Additionally, the miniscule sound difference you hear with the analog vs the spdif is not going to be heard in a mix....it is barely distinguishable on its own....

I used to wish this was different. But I have found I like 48 a lot. Better quality than 41 and not as taxing as 96. I don't hear a lot of difference at 96. But I do feel I can from 48 to 41.

I just set my template in Logic to 48 so I guess I never think about it. Even when I record orchestral stuff with no Axe, I still just record at 48 (and eventually mix down to 41).

I agree but it helps when one doesn't start off by referring to someone's design decision for their product as stupid.

I learned a long time ago that when I don't like something it can really help to understand why it is the way it is. Sometimes that helps me to like it and sometimes it doesn't but one at least have to try.

For example, if the OP checked their anger at the door and entitled their post "Why is the sample rate fixed at 48 kHz?" this thread would look a whole lot different, wouldn't it?

The sample rate of the Axe FX III is not "stupid" - the OP is ignorant in that they don't know why it is the way it is.

I read in another thread that the motivation of fixed sample rate at 48Khz is that Cab IRs need to be resampled to make other sample rate available.
I didn't ask for a reason because it doesn't matter, they didn't make selectable sample rate because they think is not needed and not useful, otherwise they would have implemented this feature.
They accomplish many more difficult task than that, and remember that other digital guitar gear like line6, etc have this feature and they cost less than half te price so... It doesn't matter what's the reason, it's obvious that they don't think is useful and that's the point, i think they are wrong on this.

I read in another thread that the motivation of fixed sample rate at 48Khz is that Cab IRs need to be resampled to make other sample rate available.
I didn't ask for a reason because it doesn't matter, they didn't make selectable sample rate because they think is not needed and not useful, otherwise they would have implemented this feature.
They accomplish many more difficult task than that, and remember that other digital guitar gear like line6, etc have this feature and they cost less than half te price so... It doesn't matter what's the reason, it's obvious that they don't think is useful and that's the point, i think they are wrong on this.
None of that gear at half the price sounds even half as good though....

The latency is very low....which is not even a point if you're just adding fx to existing tracks....and if it is, you simply zoom in, nudge the track and you're done....

Latency more comes into play when an instrumentalist is trying to track something and that instrument has an especially sharp transient like say a guitar or drum.....but then again, you said you don't like it for 'boring' guitars

Additionally, the miniscule sound difference you hear with the analog vs the spdif is not going to be heard in a mix....it is barely distinguishable on its own....

It's ease of use...the reason i wish AXE FX3 had this feature is for ease of use... latency is the biggest bitch in planet for the audio world even the lowest latency can give you the most tremendous phase issue. Knowing you are not doing useless AD DA conversion is always nice when you are working... Hope maybe one day you will understand my point...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom