The AX8 vs. pools and misters

mferrand

Inspired
Hey All,

We seem to have had a number of pool party gigs this summer. Many times we set up within feet of the water. I have a clear drop cloth that I put over the AXE8 and pedals to make sure it doesn't get soaked. It works well enough.

Last night we were on a deck far enough from the pool so I didn't worry about getting splashed. We set up, did a sound check and then went off to mingle and eat. When I came back to do a final tune up I found to my dismay that there were misters above us and my rig was soaked! Set list was soaked, guitar was wet, etc. I dried the AX8 and everything was good. We finally crimped the water line to stop the flow and everything went well. I guess you never know!

Cheers, Mike

Hey All,

We seem to have had a number of pool party gigs this summer. Many times we set up within feet of the water. I have a clear drop cloth that I put over the AXE8 and pedals to make sure it doesn't get soaked. It works well enough.

Last night we were on a deck far enough from the pool so I didn't worry about getting splashed. We set up, did a sound check and then went off to mingle and eat. When I came back to do a final tune up I found to my dismay that there were misters above us and my rig was soaked! Set list was soaked, guitar was wet, etc. I dried the AX8 and everything was good. We finally crimped the water line to stop the flow and everything went well. I guess you never know!

Cheers, Mike
I would buy a very cheap rig for those shows. Probably like a fender mustang 2 (used even for around $200). Eventually you AX8 is going to get trashed.

Hey All,

Cheers, Mike
I'll bet your heart skipped a beat or two when you first saw the state of your equipment

Back
Top Bottom