The aX8-Mann cometh! Pics, video & audio review

X-Mann

Experienced
Hey guys,

X here & I've really been having a great time w/ the AX8. I've also been reading all of your posts & learning from everyone here.

Thank you guys for sharing what you've learned here so we can all benefit & make better AX8 presets.

I plan on using this thread as a place where I can share my tones, videos & presets.

I'll be posting a new AX8 video every Monday morning if all goes as planned.

For now....I have a tour of Studio-X & a gear walk through. In this non-playing video I just go over my music dojo, Fractal revelation, Kiesel guitar collection & some other randome thoughts on life & guitar playing. It's a long video, but it's filled w/ funny sound fX & my music & humor.

The very opening clean progression is the AX8....& then the other 2-songs are the AXE FX II, followed by the 11-Rack.

Welcome to Studio-X!!!!

I'm in love with the quality of the AX8......& have fallen in love w/ the JS410 amp.

Chicken Pickin X Style w/ the JS410....

I've been running all kinds of tests & finding the AX8 amps that work the best for me.

I also did a lot of research for my AX8 case & or pedal board rig too. The case page here was of great help to me too.

I ended up w/ a Trailer Trash Flat Trash board & ATA Case.

& I've been building my cover band rigs at very LOUD gig volumes through a dual stereo Friedman ASM-12 set up as shown in my gear walk through.

The quality of the amps, cabs & FX are just jaw dropping & like nothing I've heard in another product or brand yet.

I understand the AX8 layout, scenes & a lot more now.....but I still prefer the AX8 edit for editing my presets.

I'm also recording a brand new instrumental for iTunes w/ AX8 tones only. I'm using the Double Verb, Dirty Shirley & HBE so far.

I'm using the SPDIF & going through my Axe Fx II just use the USB capability Into my Mac & Presonus Studio one 3.

I also picked up another Kiesel guitar & you'll see this in action very soon.

More later & thanks again for sharing so much w/ me & everyone here. I truly appreciate you guys!

Peace! X-Mann

PS - I'm SO proud to be in Team Fractal & here to help in any way that I can.

Last edited:
are you using JS Model in the intro ?
No, the opening clean AX8 tone in the looooooong Studio-X video is the USA PRE CLEAN model w/ NO cab at all. This is a rig I'm testing for a local Preset creator named Singtall. I only tweaked it a little bit from what he originally had sent me.

The AX8 Instagram videos on my XMANNROCKS page are all the JS410 Orange & Red Amps....w/ no drive pedals.

But, I've fallen in LOVE w/ the Mid Boost distortion pedal w/ this amp model too.

There's lots more on the way my peeps!

X

Last edited:
Nice! thanks for posting up the vids! The AX8 is a great tool to have at our fingers and toes. I love my CT624 that I have, I have been jonesing for another. I dropped in to Carvin a few months back and spoke with Jeff really quick he was still recovering from NAMM. He has a lot of work going on moving the shop to Escondido CA , I can hardly wait for it to be done. I plan on paying visit for a tour!

Nice! thanks for posting up the vids! The AX8 is a great tool to have at our fingers and toes. I love my CT624 that I have, I have been jonesing for another. I dropped in to Carvin a few months back and spoke with Jeff really quick he was still recovering from NAMM. He has a lot of work going on moving the shop to Escondido CA , I can hardly wait for it to be done. I plan on paying visit for a tour!
Yea, Jeff is the man for sure & he really knows how to treat his customers right.......& build some awesome guitars!

His excitement about the new facility & their huge growth in the past 3+ years is truly remarkable & much deserved.

Jeff & Manny really are a great duo & actually the entire Kiesel team (Flock, Albert, Chris, Mike) are some of the best human beings on the planet!

The guitars that they've built for me have made a fantastic difference in my playing & sound as a guitar player. I will always be greatful to them.

Peace! X-Mann

Nice vid, man - enjoyed watching it.

I'm so with you on the "force for good" message. One thing I've gotten into lately is meditation. Used to think it was hippy BS but I find it really clears my head and helps me be more empathetic and patient. My musical skills have definitely increased as well - been doing some Kenny Werner "Effortless Mastery".

Back to spending "special" time with my AX8 and favorite guitar....peace!

Nice vid, man - enjoyed watching it.

I'm so with you on the "force for good" message. One thing I've gotten into lately is meditation. Used to think it was hippy BS but I find it really clears my head and helps me be more empathetic and patient. My musical skills have definitely increased as well - been doing some Kenny Werner "Effortless Mastery".

Back to spending "special" time with my AX8 and favorite guitar....peace!
Your last line made me LMFAO!!!!!!!

I hope I didn't come off too hippy dippy here....& my main point was that I don't take myself that serious.

My goal was to try to show a different side of me & add some new content for my X-Mann Facebook page. That & to just create something "Special" & new. :eek: I think that a dedicated guitar area is something that can really help ones playing & who doesn't love a little gear run-through?

I'd rather play the guitar then talk on camera....So.....I cringe when I watch this back! :oops:

The AX8 is the best thing that I've ever had tech wise & I'm very close to completing my 1st song with it. The tones (Dirty Betty, HB & HBE) are really a few notches above the 11-Rack that I just LOVE/Loved!

My goal is always to entertain & make people laugh.....so...if that happened......then great! :cool:

Peace! X

PS - I'm actually finding the Friedman HB to be a much better fit for me then the HBE as well. It's just great to have SO many amazing amp/cab choices w/ the AX8. I feel VERY lucky to own one.......& it's 10x better then anything I've tried, owned or played before it. ;)

Last edited:
Ya know I'm along for the ride X! I too am digging my new AX8,just waiting for my Xitone cab to get done. The dirty tones are great right out of the gate, I've been working on a couple of versatile clean patches that I need for cover tunes. Have you worked out a scheme for your footswitch setup, unique to your way of working? Are you using scenes? x/y or multiple presets? The AX has soooo many choices it has the potential for some serious anxiety. But worth it.
signed, your boy "blue"

Shirley's dirty little sister & she's VERY naughty! :eek:

X

PS - There's also a "Small Box" joke in here somewhere too! :p

LOL. Yeah , these are my 2 most used amps. Everytime I create an alternate version of one of these amps in a preset , I create a new name - similar to the original so i can quickly remember the source amp , except with a new twist. Some names are now rated R. Lol.
....or X

LOL. Yeah , these are my 2 most used amps. Everytime I create an alternate version of one of these amps in a preset , I create a new name - similar to the original so i can quickly remember the source amp , except with a new twist. Some names are now rated R. Lol.
....or X
Yup, yup.....& don't even get me started on my discovery of the "Corn Cob" amp model!!!!!! :rolleyes:

XXX

Yea, the Friedman Small Box is a very tight amp & cool box of magic.

I made a quick clip this morning at a very LOUD volume of the preset I started working on last night. This is the Small Box w/ the 2x12 Botique R121 cabinet......

X's Small Box! :p

My iPhone was pointed directly in-line w/ the speaker on my Friedman FRFR cabinet so it's a little brighter in this clip then the actual sound in the room.

I've also found the right cabinet to go w/ the Cornford amp model as well. It's a Marshall 4x12 that I haven't used before & it's just great.

As many of you know, the cab IR is equally as important as the amp model selected when creating killer tones.

Peace! X

PS - There's NO drive pedal on in this clip either & this is almost at gig volume through a pair of Friedman ASM-12's too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom