The AX8 is...

Yup!

I just told my buddy yesterday that this things sounds BETTER than I remember the AFXII that I sold a year ago in hopes of either the Helix or the AX8 being my all-in-one modeler. This is THE rig I've been waiting for. The Helix was good, but didn't sound as good as my AFXII. Just got my AX8 yesterday, and I couldn't be happier to be back in the Fractal saddle!

I just told my buddy yesterday that this things sounds BETTER than I remember the AFXII that I sold a year ago
The modeling algorithms have moved ahead quite a bit in the past year. But for equivalent firmware versions and presets, the AX8 and Axe-Fx II sound identical. Which is nice.

I'd get one if I had powered FRFR cabs ...... but I don't ...... so it's the Axe in a rack for me for a while yet

My scaled down basic clean jazz preset on the AX8 sounds better than the similar preset on my Axe FxII. I haven't exactly figured out why yet but it's not what I expected. I copied the amp and effect parameters from the AF2 to the AX8. Obviously I did a better job than it was. But tweaking here and there changed the presets. Weird. Now I'm trying to get the AF2 to sound the the AX8!

My scaled down basic clean jazz preset on the AX8 sounds better than the similar preset on my Axe FxII. I haven't exactly figured out why yet but it's not what I expected. I copied the amp and effect parameters from the AF2 to the AX8. Obviously I did a better job than it was. But tweaking here and there changed the presets. Weird. Now I'm trying to get the AF2 to sound the the AX8!
Try adjusting the input impedance of the AFII. Set it to the max value. The AFII has variable input impedance, the AX8 does not.

Look forward to reading that review, Scott. The AX8 is the bomb, inspiring in its usefulness and flexibility.

Back
Top Bottom