The Amp Factory Cabinet IR question

jiggajewjay

Inspired
Hey all - quick question (probably a dumb one but....). I have been tossing around the idea of picking up one of their cab packs called "The Cab Legends". I found something quite confusing that i have not seen before. If you click the link: http://www.theampfactory.com/downloads/theampfactory-the-legends-ultrares-irs/
you will notice down towards the bottom of the page it says:

Cabs included: 1×12 Blackshadow*, 1×12 RockDriverCream*, 1×12 Vintage Marshall*(G12M), 2×10 Fender* (Jenson), 2×12 Artisan* (GH12), 2×12 OrangeJimRoot* (V30), 2×12 Vox (Blues)*, 4×12 Hiwatt* (Fane), 4×12 Marshall* (G12T), 4×12 Marshall Basketweave*(Pre-Rola G12), 4×12 Orange Matamp* (CV30), 4×12 Wem Starfinder* (Custom Fane)

* Seeking to recreate the sound of…

All trademarks are of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with TheAmpFactory.
These trademarks are used solely for the purpose of descriptive labeling.

What s the deal with that statement that i underlined? Seeking to recreate the sound of. Are they using the actual cab to shoot the IR? if so why the confusing language? I just want to know what it is exactly that they are selling before i make a purchase. Thanks

I have read on the KPA forum that some companies are getting cease and desist letters from amp companies who are protecting their trademarks. I suspect that this is language that The Amp Factory is using to protect themselves from something like that happening and that they are using the actual cabinets listed and then putting the other as a legal disclaimer.

I have read on the KPA forum that some companies are getting cease and desist letters from amp companies who are protecting their trademarks. I suspect that this is language that The Amp Factory is using to protect themselves from something like that happening and that they are using the actual cabinets listed and then putting the other as a legal disclaimer.
That is fair!

Yes, I created a number of profiles that I sold on my site, and we were all "asked" to remove any real amp names from all the profiles or face legal action.
If notice on the cab packs page of the Fractal site they all say "based on" so I guess that is their equivalent.

Back
Top Bottom