The Amp Boost and managing its state through preset changes

WITELITE

Experienced
I've been struggling with this awhile despite the typical assistance from @chris , @Rex, and @unix-guy. Thanks again guys and apologies if I've missed an obvious solution.

With all the great adds to the amp boost, many of us use it and some use it in place of the drive block to save CPU. With an FC6 or 12, the amp boost is controlled by a CS switch which works fine and can be set up on the pedalboard. And like scene changes which can keep the state of the effects prior to the scene change, the CS switches can be set this way using the "Last" option in the preset menus for CS switches.

The problem I have is that while this is my preferable way to operate WHILE IN A PRESET, I would also like to have the CS switch revert to the saved option when CHANGING presets (which would typically be in the OFF position for me). If I change the CS option to OFF , that solves the problem when changing presets but does not keep the state while switching scenes within a preset.

Is there an option to do this so you can have the benefits of keeping effects state on through scene changes but reverting to saved state when SWITCHING presets.

Hope that makes sense.

If it does, and there is not an obvious solution, I see a few potential ones.

1) Have the amp boost have its own switch in the FC. This would enable it to work like the Drive Block which many may be using now and keep the active state within presets while reverting to the saved state when changing.

2) Copy Scene 1 to Scene 8 in each preset and have the CS switch state be set to OFF for scene 8. (LAST for all other scenes) This would ensure boost is always OFF when switching presets (Would also require each presets starting scene is 8) and would require using scene 1 (a copy) when switching within presets

Hopefully haven't confused and also hoping there is an easier solution than I have described.

Thanks

MM

Unfortunately I don't think there is a good solution.

It might be good to create a wish list item for another CS control called something like "Reset on PC"?

...Here's another reason to have this functionality that I came across today. The Drive block is/can be remembered by scene. So if I change it dynamically in Scene 1 and 2 and then go to scene 3 , it can be off in scene 3 and on in the other scenes where I might have switched it on even if the preset had it off in its saved state. I don't think that's doable with a CS as I understand it. It can be on or off but the dynamic aspect of it (LAST) would apply to all scenes. So yes @unix-guy , I'll put this on the wish list. Thanks. (The fact that it's even considered is a testament to FRACTAL and this community)

I too would like to see the "Last" option work specific to scenes (instead of all scenes), if possible.

Back
Top Bottom