AFIII The Alan Parsons Project - "Eye in the Sky" Outro Solo (w/ TABS)

basarozmen

Inspired
Hello everyone,

This is my second attempt to write some tabs for the fellow guitarists to play along. This time, I picked a song from the 1982 album "Eye in the Sky". Alan Parsons is one of my favorite musicians.

I hope you like the video. I'd really appreciate any opinions on the guitar tone and playing.

Thank you for your time!

The original guitar playing on almost all of the APP tracks was one of my favourite guitar players, Ian Bairnson. A truly lyrical player, he also played with the band Pilot ("January", "Magic", and others). Unfortunately he now has a neurodegenerative disease and no longer plays - a big loss :(

Thank you very much, friends.

Sounds great man, I was baffled by you playing the D chord like that but it works for efficiency's sake.

The chord part is done by ear, so I thought a regular open D chord would be suitable. Indeed, my thumb muting the upper strings looks a bit awkward :D Thanks for the comment brother!

Very nice. A favorite tune of mine.

Thank you Mark, your comment is much appreciated.

The original guitar playing on almost all of the APP tracks was one of my favourite guitar players, Ian Bairnson. A truly lyrical player, he also played with the band Pilot ("January", "Magic", and others). Unfortunately he now has a neurodegenerative disease and no longer plays - a big loss :(

Yea Mr. Bairnson is one of the great guitarists that was overlooked in his era. His solos are really melodic and fitting.

Man I really enjoyed that!
While I love to do me some shredding, It is so refreshing to give the music SPACE!
Great Playing, tone, feel and that top on the LP look real nice!

Back
Top Bottom