The 300th amp model?!

A few mentioned the jcm900. I get that it hasn’t got the best reputation nowadays. But it was really widespread for a decade or so.

And also, I myself had the 50w combo in my youth 😂

On that note, my very first amp was a hand-me-down 10w Fender Sidekick. And probably the only thing the Fractal-line really lacks is tiny solidstate practise amps.

With 299 amp channels currently in the Axe, we already have an incredible palette of colors to paint with. If Cliff never added another amp to the lineup, I'd still be thankful to have this amazing black box. That said, I have a THD Univalve 15W head (and its schematic) I'd gladly donate to FAS. Could be called something like UnoBottle in the amp list. :)

Yeah. I wonder how many actually exist. I know David Torn a little and he raves about the amp---even as he seems
pretty attached to his D120. :)
There doesn't seem to be many Aethers that exist.

At one time I was approached about creating IR files for them, but the deal fell apart due to their wants of a particularly one sided benefit relationship. Dr Bonkers is a nice guy, but he doesn't work for free.

Before that point where things broke down, I expressed interest in getting access to an Aether to capture it and there was a lot verbal tap dancing around the fact that there wasn't one available to borrow for some undisclosed reason.

This was pre-Covid too.

I realize I'm probably in the minority here but I'd love to have a Polytone modeled. Currently the only pedal I have with my AxeFX III is a custom built Polytone Preamp pedal based on an early (pre-sonic circuit) model. FWIW, I do use @dr bonkers polytone IRs with the preamp pedal....very nice!

I realize I'm probably in the minority here but I'd love to have a Polytone modeled. Currently the only pedal I have with my AxeFX III is a custom built Polytone Preamp pedal based on an early (pre-sonic circuit) model. FWIW, I do use @dr bonkers polytone IRs with the preamp pedal....very nice!
Based on sales of the cab files, this would be wildly popular as an amp model.

Based on sales of the cab files, this would be wildly popular as an amp model.

That Polytone pack is glorious.

A little side note, years ago my dad was teaching jazz guitar students online and was trying to figure out how to get a better direct tone into Skype. We bought him an IR pedal for his birthday to go with his preamp and loaded up the Polytone IRs. This was a fun kind of father-son project for us. When he got it working, he sent me a video demonstrating some scales and told me "Thanks for your help!" in an email. He passed away later than afternoon and that was the last thing he ever said to me. That was in August 2020. Over the years, I helped my old man with computer and music tech products like that and I'll cherish those memories forever.

I guess what I mean to say is thanks for helping create that memory. Massively off-topic but I had to mention it to you.

That Polytone pack is glorious.

A little side note, years ago my dad was teaching jazz guitar students online and was trying to figure out how to get a better direct tone into Skype. We bought him an IR pedal for his birthday to go with his preamp and loaded up the Polytone IRs. This was a fun kind of father-son project for us. When he got it working, he sent me a video demonstrating some scales and told me "Thanks for your help!" in an email. He passed away later than afternoon and that was the last thing he ever said to me. That was in August 2020. Over the years, I helped my old man with computer and music tech products like that and I'll cherish those memories forever.

I guess what I mean to say is thanks for helping create that memory. Massively off-topic but I had to mention it to you.
If you have a link to that video, I would be honored to link to it on my site.

It makes me happy that it brought your dad some joy. That makes all the work making them worth it.

I want the Revv Generator, as a serious answer, but that’s not exactly what this thread is about. I formally request that Fractal Audio put a Lambeth JL100 in, which would necessitate a demo head. I can’t give schematics, because I don’t know how to make them, but I would gladly drive mine to New Hampshire, because I don’t trust UPS.

Back
Top Bottom