The 25 Greatest Riffs of the 2010s Decade!

I must be old because I've never heard of any of the songs on this list.

Do a version for us old farts with the greatest guitar riffs of the 70's or 80's or 90's even. After that it's all crap.
Get off my LAWN!

Seriously, I don't know half of them and I don't listen to music on the radio... But, come on, you haven't heard Bad Asteroid from The Aristocrats? You definitely should.

I must be old because I've never heard of any of the songs on this list.

Do a version for us old farts with the greatest guitar riffs of the 70's or 80's or 90's even. After that it's all crap.

I'm almost there, as I didn't recognize anything except the Dream Theater bit. And there were better candidates for Dream Theater IMHO - e.g. the opening bit from Breaking All Illusions on A Dramatic Turn of Events. Nothing from Rush's Clockwork Angels. And lesser-known bands with great guitar work, like Panic Room and many, many, many others.

But of course, the selection is up to the creator, and the video, sounds, and playing were excellent.

Man, those riffs sound great without the vocals. :innocent: ;)
[/QUOTE]

Over a decade ago I would've agreed with you. Then I heard Opeth for the first time. Ironic considering Mikael hasn't put out music with his signature growl in years.

My how the turn tables. 😆

As always, I am super jealous of that exceptionally neat studio you have! :D

This video was lots of fun. I have to go listen to that Alter Bridge album now. That riff sounded huge and I need more.

You're a talent, man.

Edit: Can I get the preset you used for Cruel? :) Ohh, and Bright Lights too? :D

Edit edit: I vastly preferred the sound of the drums in your version of The Astonishing -- can you tell Mangini to use your drum tones on the next album?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom