The $2000 Question (an experiment of sorts)

james...

Experienced
This question applies specifically the Axe-fx owners who are primarily using the Axe for their amp sounds.

Here's the question...

The guitar gods have decided to reward you for your thrifty decision of using the Axe-FX so they give you $2000. The only catch is you MUST spend it on a tube amp. This can only be a head, a preamp, or a poweramp. As long as it has tubes you're fine.

So what do you buy?

Cornford Mk50 mk2.
I have a Mk50 and its a fabulous amp, just needs a clean channel.
The Cornford sim on the axefx nails it tho' even though its a slightly different model.

I'd find out what some local guy was getting ready to buy - buy it for him and sell it to him at 20% off - pocketing the change . . or better yet spend the profit on a set of QSC's.

But that's just me . . . .

I would buy a used Peavey Classic 30, tweed. $300ish...and an Axe-fx Ultra so I could have a back up.

:)

-Phil

I would grab a Hook Captain.... Oh wait I already have one :) I would pretend I didn't and get another. A real cool amp, not many people have them but the vids on his page (esp vid 8) made me drool so much I bought one without even trying it out!

http://www.hookamps.com/

Sad truth is that it's been sat in it's case since I got my Ultra, it's a real shame and I don't know how much longer I can justify keeping it :( So if you want to paypal over that $2000 then I can justify it once more :)

+10 on the einstein....need more cash though...Alex Fluoros diezel clips were what got me sweating for one...what ever happened to him? fragile vastness site never got up and running.

rectifier said:
+10 on the einstein....need more cash though...Alex Fluoros diezel clips were what got me sweating for one...what ever happened to him? fragile vastness site never got up and running.

Yeah, he has done some fantastic clips for Diezel. I don't know what has happened to fragile vastness, but he's still around... he's one of my Facebook friends and it looks like he's still involved in music quite a bit, but no new band website info or anything.

Firstpenguin said:
james... said:
The only catch is you MUST spend it on a tube amp. This can only be a head, a preamp, or a poweramp. As long as it has tubes you're fine.

So what do you buy?

Only a head, preamp, or poweramp??? What about a combo? The Atomic Reactor FRFR has errr will have?... tubes in it. So that counts right. In that case 2 fratomics please!!! :D

If thats not allowed... Rivera S120 Top

http://www.rivera.com/products/mspro/s120-top.php

ElectricPhase said:
Wow, I'm really the first person to say a couple of Fratomics?
Read Closer

Bogner Shiva EL34 Reverb and Bogner OS 212. Over the limit, but there you are.

Either that or a Rivera Rake 55 and Rivera Rake 212.

Back
Top Bottom