The /13 FT37 is SICK

Brownmatthall

Power User
Not sure why but I ended up running the Divided by 13 FT37 Lo Input with the timmy up front and was instantly inspired. the rhythm guitars are the raw amp tone with gain dimed and the EQ set to shave the flub off and add some grit, the lead is that same tone with the timmy in front. even with the gain dimed it doesnt feel like its too much and the amount of saturation and push is juuuuuuust right for me :) the performance is sloppy and the mix is kinda crushed but this was a very spur of the moment sesh and I'm really excited about the ideas here

Love that tone man!! One of my favorite amps to grab in the axe ii. Nice playing and song. Preset?

Love that tone man!! One of my favorite amps to grab in the axe ii. Nice playing and song. Preset?
The ir's came from the Zilla pack (the cream h and alnico mixes), but otherwise it was the basic model with the input gain all the way up through my tele. When I sit down with it tonight I'll see if I can capture the vibe through a stock cab for ya

Nice. I have a lot of the OH IR's, bet I can find a nice cablab mix for this one. Thanks!
I completely forgot to get back to you, I checked out the stock divided by 13 cab and it got pretty close but lacked the top end for me. But if you've got some OH cabs I think you'll be fine :)

Pot calling the kettle black Justin :) need to hear more of your stuff here as well, but yer right..hooks galore here.

Hahahaha! That's kind and literally made me laugh out loud when I read it. I've been working on several projects lately, but I'll be posting more stuff on here in the near future and hopefully you'll like it.

Thank you for the kind words! It helps having guys like you around posting great stuff to keep me in top form haha

You're very welcome! You always have interesting parts with great energy and they're really fun to listen to. You keep me in top form as well. :) Looking forward to hearing more stuff from you.

This is for @JustinYork and @Brownmatthall and it's quite a coincidence that there's another thread recently started defining 'open' in regard to tone. I get a sense of 'open' or whatever vague adjective better describes the overall sound that you both seem to achieve and make me appreciate this device even more. Your recordings sound so...alive? for lack of a better word. Maybe it's simply the IRs or just your style's, but it really comes through. Long story short, more recordings please.

Thanks for the kind words! I don't want to take away from @Brownmatthall 's thread, so I'll keep my answer brief. An open sound to me comes from all of the elements. Your hands, a great guitar, the right amp that resonates with your hands, and a killer IR that ties it all together. My process is embarrassingly simple if you ever watched me create a sound. The amp modeling is top notch, so let the mics do the talking. When it clicks, your sound comes alive.

My band plays Head East's Never Been Any Reason. I've tried many preset iterations to get the dirty cleanish tone of the main original guitar that lets the D chord work ring out clearly and still have enough balls for the power chords. Your dimed Div13 with the Timmy backed down to about 3 is freakin' perfect.

Thank you for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom