The 10 Best High-Gain Factory Presets

Nice video and amazing playing as always Cooper.
Just a quick question regarding cabs...of course you understand that the cab is a big factor is ANY tone.
Did you use a stock cab for each of the rigs?? Sorry if I missed the cab block reveal.

Thanks again for the great video, looking forward to the FM3 info coming soon

Nice video and amazing playing as always Cooper.
Just a quick question regarding cabs...of course you understand that the cab is a big factor is ANY tone.
Did you use a stock cab for each of the rigs?? Sorry if I missed the cab block reveal.

Thanks again for the great video, looking forward to the FM3 info coming soon

These are 100% stock, unchanged factory presets. What you get when you turn on the unit. Default everything, including cans. No post processing.

thanks for vid. 2c++ sounds just off tinny and wrong/the metallica one. Guess thats the presets fault, odd. The JP 2c Plus sounds awesome.

Great job Cooper! One question, when you come to Djentlemanly, it sounds a bit different than my factory preset. At 12:09 you briefly show the amp settings, and it looks different than mine. I double checked against the latest factory preset. Is there any chance you modified that one?

Great job Cooper! One question, when you come to Djentlemanly, it sounds a bit different than my factory preset. At 12:09 you briefly show the amp settings, and it looks different than mine. I double checked against the latest factory preset. Is there any chance you modified that one?

Do you have the original factory presets installed or the updates factory presets? The updated presets are available on Fractal’s website.

As I mentioned, I compared it to the latest factory preset. Cliff uploaded that zip file Nov 18, 2019. Can you double check what I’m seeing? Do the amp settings on your djentelmanly preset match what Cooper shows at 12:09? Cooper only shows the “authentic” page, so I’m not sure what all the settings are that he’s using.

As I mentioned, I compared it to the latest factory preset. Cliff uploaded that zip file Nov 18, 2019. Can you double check what I’m seeing? Do the amp settings on your djentelmanly preset match what Cooper shows at 12:09? Cooper only shows the “authentic” page, so I’m not sure what all the settings are that he’s using.

sorry, missed that in your original comment. I don’t have any factory presets installed, so I’m unable to check.

I confirmed with Cooper that the preset in the video does indeed differ from the factory preset.

I confirmed with Cooper that the preset in the video does indeed differ from the factory preset.

Yep, though I'm not sure if it's a newer version of it or if I made a change a while back and forgot. In any case, lower the bass, middle, and treble each about a point. Otherwise I think it's exactly the same.

I think there was a mixup with the factory presets bank A when they were last uploaded in November. That might explain it, but it's hard to say. Anyway, you can see from the screenshot in the video the changes are more substantial than just the BMT. It's hard to say without access to the preset what all the changes are.

Last edited:
After fixing a resistor value in 12.08 beta I'm actually digging the Brit JVM models.

Awesome! The JVMs were already sounding great! I'll be updating to the Beta tomorrow so am looking forward to hearing them with the fix!

Thanks Cliff!

Back
Top Bottom