The 10 Best Clean Presets

Thanks for the video! Looking forward to any more you may do in this series.

A couple days ago I was flipping through the presets and found a Friedman that caught my ear and adapted it for one of mine. I want to do the same thing with the clean ones and use that as a starting point.

@ccroyalsenders Awesome. Run like Heck sounds so much better now. Also, listening with my stereo headphones made all them sound incredible. Any tips on getting a Bill Frisell clean tone with the cool delay and detune?
If there was ever a cat whose recognizable signature tone came mostly from his fingers and heart, it’s Frisell. and as you say, lotsa fx..and a good Deluxe Verb or Band Commander)

Wow, just incredible. Beautiful gorgeous sounds! Your playing is just perfect to really show them off. I can't wait for more videos like this. Great job!

As someone who's waiting to place their order, there was a lot useable sounds to explore just from this video. Thanks for taking the time.

A great display of what this incredible piece of equipment is capable of when put in the right hands.

Well done man!

Sounds amazing Cooper. And your playing on the EJ preset is exquisite.

Question - How would you characterize the pickups on that guitar. When I play through those same presets (hoping to sound like you :)_ I notice that the guitar sounds hotter and closer to breakup. An Alnico APH-1N is used in the neck position, and a Seymour Duncan JB is used in the bridge position. Would it be best to just take the input trim down a bit?

MM

Sounds amazing Cooper. And your playing on the EJ preset is exquisite.

Question - How would you characterize the pickups on that guitar. When I play through those same presets (hoping to sound like you :)_ I notice that the guitar sounds hotter and closer to breakup. An Alnico APH-1N is used in the neck position, and a Seymour Duncan JB is used in the bridge position. Would it be best to just take the input trim down a bit?

MM

I noticed the same when I tried them, and then looking into the guitar he is using (EBMM Valentine) I realized that despite what it looks like, the bridge pickup in that guitar is a single coil, not a humbucker. You could try dialing back the input trim to 0.5, that helps clean things up.

I noticed the same when I tried them, and then looking into the guitar he is using (EBMM Valentine) I realized that despite what it looks like, the bridge pickup in that guitar is a single coil, not a humbucker. You could try dialing back the input trim to 0.5, that helps clean things up.
Cooper said in his video the presets were untouched. I find, with many untouched factory and third party presets, to get the same tone in the videos, I have to coil tap single coil my PRS Dragon IIs, or tweak the bass and gain. Also Cooper's style and technique is so clean and articulate. It pisses me off that he makes it look so effdortless.👏🥇

Back
Top Bottom