THD 2x12 and 4x12 cabs, anyone got one?

aziz

Power User
How they sound, would it be a good overall cab? Not for djent, but everything else. Marshall Rock, Fender cleans, 80's lead tones etc.

I had a 2x12 THD when I was using an Ultra a few years ago , wish I'd never sold it!! Great cab !! Sounds Exellent!! Competes with a 4x12 .It comes with their version of a T75 and V30, I put weber British 25 watt ( Greenback ) in it and ran a Randall RT 2-50 power amp EL34's in one side 6L6GT in the other . Sweet!! I'd buy another if I had the chance !

I had one on loan from a friend at one point that I used for a couple of years w/ various tube amps. I preferred it to my Bogner 2x12 cab due to it's size (easier to move, etc.) and it had a great sound. I believe it had G12-65's in it instead of whatever stock speakers THD usually used. Wish I had one still..

I have THD 2x12 with original speakers longhorn and vintage and it sounds absolutely great with every amp I've tried. Very tight bass. My amps at the moment are THD Flexi, THD Bivalve and Marshall 2204. I've also tried it with Bogner Shiva and our other guitarist has also THD 2x12 cab and his amps are Dual Recto an MKIV and he likes THD cab lot more than his Recto 2x12 cab.

I have a THD 2 x 12 that I used to play with a Mesa RoadKing and then with the AXE-FX and a Matrix when I switched. I bought it because it was one of the few cabs that would fit in my car's trunk. But it sounds great, very tight bass. I also have a Verve 12ma and once firmware got up to 17.0 or so, I starting using the FRFR Verve more when I play out. It's less weight and I am now perfectly happy with the punch and response of FRFR compared to a regular guitar cab.

I had a THD 2x12 with scum backs (high powered greenbacks). Great weight for their size. Easy to grab n go. I found that when placed horizontal I couldn't really hear the cab that well. I'm 5'8". I ended up selling for port city. The bottom port puts the speakers a little higher off the ground and closer toy our ears. Ymmv.

Back
Top Bottom