That's just not fair

You can still pity him cause he looks a nerd and and becoming a kick ass guitar player will no longer get him sweet poontang. You gotta to be a DJ at least for that.
This kind of guitar playing never got anyone any "poontang" though, sweet or otherwise. It's only other guitarists (99% male) that can really appreciate it. So I'd say he looks the part.

In some videos he's using techniques I've never seen before. How does one get this good at this age?

Watch for that thimble on the pinky.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously though, how? This is not the proverbial 10000 hours we're seeing. A full time job is only 2080 hours a year. 10000 hours of practicing 8 hours a day is 5 years, and he's only 16.

This kind of guitar playing never got anyone any "poontang" though, sweet or otherwise. It's only other guitarists (99% male) that can really appreciate it. So I'd say he looks the part.

For decades being a rock musician was a ticket to getting laid easier. Not for everyone I agree, you still had to have some game, but it upped your SMV by at least several points. And I (like to) think that female guitar players, which there are quite a few these days (no shortage of them on youtube), can appreciate a good male guitar player for his skills just as much.

Very fluid and musical... And some great technique!

His hybrid picking in the first video is so smooth.

I wonder what he's recording with because his tone is also quite good.

Makes me think of Blues Saraceno when his first album came out at 17.

I believe Richie Kotzen released his first Shrapnel album at about 17 as well.

I don't think the 10,000 hour rule is bible...plus I think younger players progress much faster due to not having learned bad habits and also being able to learn things faster, period.

I would think the 10k rule is for people who do not have an abundance of natural inclination (talent.). Yes, it takes talent to be really good at something, but this kid got more than his share. That shaves off those hours significantly. And younger players have a single minded dedication we lose when we get older.

Which is good for us. Whew, what a player. I hope he has some writing chops...like to hear from him in the future.

Off the top of my head, wasn't Frampton 17 when he was with Humble Pie? Rick Derringer 17? Neil Schon when he joined Santana?

R

Plus in this internet world, you can get exposed to an insane amount of insane quality playing real quick. Standing on the shoulders of etc..

Back
Top Bottom