That's just not fair

Plus in this internet world, you can get exposed to an insane amount of insane quality playing real quick. Standing on the shoulders of etc..

This is also true. If you're dedicated, there is a huge pile of resources for learning.

Gone are the days of getting an issue of 'Guitar Player' with tab/notes of songs.

Speaking of dedication, I think that's not quite the word. As I get older, before I embark on any kind of a significant endeavor, I find myself analyzing to death whether it makes sense and what my chances of success might be. As a rule the conclusion is that it doesn't make sense or my chances of success are close to zero, so I don't go for it. When I was young I didn't think of such things, and I did a lot of things because I felt like doing them. Nowadays there's hardly anything I feel like doing that I haven't already tried.

Based on what? I've only seen 4-5 videos and it's only playing.
I think the comment was because he doesn't try to make it look "difficult". It's like "no big deal some multi-finger tapping with rebound here, some muted legato there, some fluid as fuck Nintendo sweeps, anyone can do that". With an eyebrow raise every now and then.

I think the comment was because he doesn't try to make it look "difficult". It's like "no big deal some multi-finger tapping with rebound here, some muted legato there, some fluid as fuck Nintendo sweeps, anyone can do that". With an eyebrow raise every now and then.
Maybe... Feels a bit sour grapes :)

Back
Top Bottom