That's enough amps for now, lets focus on fx for a bit...

no more new amps for a bit, let's focus on the fx!

• Total voters
Re: That's enough amps for now, lets focus on fx for a bit..

Hasse said:
A multiband-distortion, if it is possible.

Best regards
Imsurprised I'm saying this but... You can already do this with a cross over then split it going to either two amps or two drives...

VirgilGuitar said:
A reversed Reverb would be da bomb.
I can't believe I'm sayingthis either! Bit you can probably do this with a reverb feeding into a reverse delay in parallel...

mortega76 said:
Hasse said:

Best regards
Imsurprised I'm saying this but... You can already do this with a cross over then split it going to either two amps or two drives...

Yes, you are right. Actually you can get up to 3 bands, if you use 2 crossovers.
I was thinking more like 10 bands. And the ability to move all crossover frequencies simultaneously with one controler.

Best regards

Yep, more effects please!

I like how EHX are making creative effects which really can add another dimension on the guitar. Can´t stop wondering though why they doesn´t release an rackeffect loaded with all their HOG/POG, freeze, hazarai and all models of their different filter effects. My guess is that many would buy it to complement their standard/ultra...

Quick picks is for me not needed, would rather use effects copy in that issue. I seldom find any preset settings do it for me...

Regarding envelope followers, I would really like to see it implemented as a (unfortunately) CPU hungry shunt option.

The looper, can´t AFAIK become so much more developed within the scope of it being a delay block option. Cliff stated once that there is no more memory to extend the looper time. One way to workaround it would be to downgrade the resolution. Which for me isn´t that interesting, I´ll rather await the next big looper thing coming out in the end of this year... inside info of the features of it is so mindblowing that it´ll take years to explore it all...

bitcrusher block, well I can see it as a option in the drive block. Heck, it would even be cool to have it as a parameter within any drive! Or to be totally f**cked up in the mind: as a parameter option in ANY effect block... similar as the filter/eq option in many blocks.

The sequencer though, really needs to be updated IMHO...

/mike

mortega76 said:
Hasse said:

Best regards
I'd love for you to make me a patch of this so I could dig into and look at it ;)
Thanks!

Simeon listed a few great ones already and let me add to the list... N.I.'s Spectral Delay.

BUT, I don't think that's the right way. Most of these plugins are much better used for post recording / editing purposes and quite random for live playing.

Also, I could imagine that this must feel a bit stupid for someone like Cliff...'oh, now they want all these plugins'. I l know from a session guitarist's point of view that I much more prefer working free instead of being told exactly what to do. So I'd rather see Cliff being inspired to create. Something new, something where someone would say 'what the F was that effect ? ...Well, that can only be done with an Axe Fx'.

You know, something that may even use entirely different parameters than what guitarists are used to. That sort of thing.

I almost mentioned the spektral delay. Superb effect.

another vote for more effects. especially nice for those of us who are using the axe fx in front of an amp for fx only

I tell you what, you give me a two rock and I'll vote for your more fx poll (I hardly use any fx)

jhuggins said:
I tell you what, you give me a two rock and I'll vote for your more fx poll (I hardly use any fx)

:cry:
Man, with a name like Huggins, I'd expect just a little more love....

:mrgreen:

miketheman said:
I´ll rather await the next big looper thing coming out in the end of this year... inside info of the features of it is so mindblowing that it´ll take years to explore it all...
/mike

Sounds great. :shock:
Where can I find more information about this?
Thanks. :D

GfromHarpOn said:
miketheman said:
I´ll rather await the next big looper thing coming out in the end of this year... inside info of the features of it is so mindblowing that it´ll take years to explore it all...
/mike

+1

VirgilGuitar said:
GfromHarpOn said:
miketheman said:
/mike

+1

Had a hunt through recent Loopers-Delight archives.
I think he might be referring to the Octatrack.
http://www.elektron.se/products/octatrack?section=faq
http://www.elektron-users.com/
Lots of promise and potential. :)

Had a hunt through recent Loopers-Delight archives.
I think he might be referring to the Octatrack.
http://www.elektron.se/products/octatrack?section=faq
http://www.elektron-users.com/
Lots of promise and potential. :)

Yup! That´s it... (sorry, missed to follow up on this thread)

A friend of mine works at that company and we have discussed many things regarding looper features, I have even let him borrow my EDP for some months to analyze and figure out how to make their Octatrack looperfriendly.

Of what he have told me about the Octatrack there are some mindscrewing features... it´s so twisted things that it´s hard to explain to someone else when I haven´t played nor heard it yet. I have yet to understand the features myself... however I don´t know which looper features that are included yet. But I´ve got a good feeling about this...

Follow the release on their webpage:

http://www.elektron.se/products/octatrack

/Mike

How about a talkbox effect... seems like there is always someone who asks how to setup the Axe with a mic and the vocorder effect, only to learn its not the same thing.

rmbaylin said:
How about a talkbox effect... seems like there is always someone who asks how to setup the Axe with a mic and the vocorder effect, only to learn its not the same thing.

I would say the Formant goes about as close to a talk box you can go without actually using a real talkbox - I have built 3 of my own talkboxes through the years and still have not found any box that could do it without an actual tube going into one's mouth!

I'd be happy with the ability to switch the existing filter block to 24db/octave :D

Amplitube has some really great sounding FX that are very accurate in their portrayal of the pedal they model.

The Memory Man setting in Amplitube is fantastic. It'd be great to haves something like that in the Axe.

You can say "yeah but all the parameters are already there". Yeah they are true, but it's still not possible to get certain sounds with them as easily as you can with some of the modelled FX in a VST like Amplitube. The Memory Man emulation in Amplitube is really easy to use. Delay Time, Repeats, Blend, Modulation speed, and a Chorus/Vibrato switch. I wish there was something as easy to use as that in the Axe-Fx. I don't want to have to mess with setting two LFO's in the Axe-Fx when something like Amplitube can get that classic sound much more easily with less parameters to tweak. Also, the rack delay unit in Amplitube has a really great sounding Hi-Cut filter on it that is very tape delay like. I've not been able to get something as good as that in the Axe.

The Axe-Fx already models Drive pedals...so why not some delay/modulation pedals also? I've found the Flanger to be underwhelming in the Axe-Fx too.

No pun intendend @houseofglass21 or anyone else... (I often think the very same myself)

But isn´t it funny that when one DO have the modeling of certain effects, one often longs for more advanced parameters to be able to fine-tune it more or altering it beyond the models known limits.
And when one have all necessary advance parameters, one is always a bit lazy and longs for an easy aviable preset/setup of certain effects...?

I believe that Cliff once stated that his intention isn´t modeling of for example Memory Man. Because if he did that, he´d soon be floored by all incoming requests for modeling other effects... many of them are quite similar. And it would be a wasting of aviable memory in the Axe, if he did put them all there. Instead his focus were on delivering a bunch of (known) different types and their parameters that have been used much during the history. Many times he´s also added parameters not used before in certain effect types, to give them an extra twist.

If one really wants a memory man, it´s all there. If one wants a very advanced (or even beyond) memory man, it´s all there too.

Everyone probably needs to alter their delay block settings anyway, so everyone needs to dig in to a certain degree to make it fit their needs. The best is that when one have done it, it´s easy to copy into another preset. That it´s more easily aviable in for example Amplitube, might be true. But for me that just means that the advance parameters aren´t aviable in Amplitube at all... any possibilities to fine-tune it are quite rough...

My reply came out quite much as a pun anyway, it´s not my intention so forgive me if it sounds like that. My recommendation is to search other threads and patches (with for example memory man settings).

/Mike

miketheman said:
If one really wants a memory man, it´s all there. If one wants a very advanced (or even beyond) memory man, it´s all there too.

Although I'm not asking for a Memory Man model, no adjustment of "what's there" is going to make the Axe sound/behave just like the Memory Man, or an Echoplex, or any number of analog or tape delay units. This is not a criticism in any way, as the Axe was not designed to model a particular delay unit. I can certainly get an acceptable facsimile, but to say that "it's all there" is simply not true. I'd be delighted if someone would post a patch to prove me wrong.

Back
Top Bottom