That "Lo Cut" switch - I just love it, love it, love it

"Low Cut" switch
I use it all the time, except on some Clean preset, because i'm a FR/FR user.

Last edited:
I've enjoyed this feature since it was implemented, but I thought I might express my appreciation for it now.

I truly love this switch, just underneath the bass dial. I use it on most of my patches. Instead of an 808 in front of a Recto, I just hit this switch, letting me use the overdrive as an OD/boost for leads.

Any Fender, some Marshalls, sound instantly better with this switch engaged, though I can't remember where its virtual location is in the amp block algorithms.

I read so many here that are not satisfied with the sounds of the stock presets. This, 100Hz cut in cab block, and if necessary, the bright switch are the first adjustments I make on most presets. After that, it's just 3 tweaks to taste: Amp drive, MV, and Cab choice.

I rarely touch the mids and bass, unless its a really boomy amp, or a fussy amp like the Mesa MkIIC+. I add a bit of treble and a pinch of presence to dark amps.

If, after the above tweaks, I still can't get the sound I want, then I conclude, I'm using either the wrong amp or wrong cab

If you tweak this thing the way a good sound tech would/should, you'll get better tweaking results. A good sound tech will always try to first avoid adding more of something, and instead remove a bit of the opposite. Not enough high end? Cut some bass.
It would be interesting to have screenshots of what you speak.
Even for beginners or new users Axe-Fx - AX8. ;)
if you talk, "Cab" or "Amp" :)
Thank you :D

It would be interesting to have screenshots of what you speak.
Even for beginners or new users Axe-Fx - AX8. ;)
if you talk, "Cab" or "Amp" :)
Thank you :D
He's talking about the CUT parameter (not LO CUT). It's below the BASS knob in the Amp block.

yes, that switch! I actually avoid using Axe-EDIT, unless I am doing strictly studio work. It helps me to budget my think/tweak better, so I will concentrate more on playing.

Back
Top Bottom