That delicious anxiety . . . .

Disconnector

Inspired
So the UPS guy this delivered today . . .

IMG_3362.JPG

And I still have this space in my rack . . .

IMG_3363.JPG

Axe-FX III UPS tracking is still reporting "Shipment Ready For UPS". GAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

I'm literally more wound up about this one than I was for my first kid.

When they ship separate boxes on separate days they should pack a couple Xanax in a little baggie.

That's all . . . just doing the good ol' waiting-on-my-new-Fractal-device pee-pee dance . . .

Back to your normally scheduled programming.

Last edited:
I know that feel, bro....

Mine arrived in the opposite order, separated by several months. I used my old MIDI pedal setup from my '90s rack rig initially.

Eventually, a few months after getting my FC12, I decided a pair of FC6es would work better for me. Almost a year later, I finally got my stuff mounted....
20200920_162326.jpg

Nice rig dude! Yeah - I'm going to try the FC-12 and see if it works out. It's a bit larger (and heavier) in person than expected but I really want all 12 switches. If not I'll sell it and snag a pair of FC-6s.

Cute cat BTW 🐱

Nice rig dude! Yeah - I'm going to try the FC-12 and see if it works out. It's a bit larger (and heavier) in person than expected but I really want all 12 switches. If not I'll sell it and snag a pair of FC-6s.

Cute cat BTW 🐱
I miss her. She lives in Vista, CA now with a HS friend and her son. The OL's doc said she had to go. :( Now that I look back on it, she didn't say which 'she' had do go. D'oh!

The split setup lets me put my pedals in the middle, where I want them, and it keeps all 12 buttons within reach, no yoga or tai chi lessons required.... Plus, I have up to 4 more pedals abd 4 more switches that I can add....

Very nice setup. I considered 2 FC6s, but I didn't want any external power anywhere on stage, I love the one cable that does both, and still having 12 switches.

You'd think there would be a way around that, if the XLR can power a display and 12 scribbles, it wouldn't matter how it's broken up.

Very nice setup. I considered 2 FC6s, but I didn't want any external power anywhere on stage, I love the one cable that does both, and still having 12 switches.

You'd think there would be a way around that, if the XLR can power a display and 12 scribbles, it wouldn't matter how it's broken up.
There is more in there than just a bunch of displays. I find running a second cable is not too big of a deal....

View attachment 75849

View attachment 75850

Axe-FX III UPS tracking is still reporting "Shipment Ready For UPS". GAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

When they ship separate boxes on separate days they should pack a couple Xanax in a little baggie.

That's all . . . just doing the good ol' waiting-on-my-new-Fractal-device pee-pee dance . . .

It's insanely exciting.

I work in shipping, and I try to remember how anxious I get about packages, particularly with pricey ones.
A lot of people tend to jump the gun, and come in to complain about packages "sitting" somewhere because tracking hasn't updated in 24 hours.
I try and share their excitement and counsel patience.

It's a process, and especially in December (add to that quarantine effects on the shipping industry both local and national) shipping will be slower than normal. This time of year you're dealing with full planes, full trucks, and entire pallets that get curtailed and have to wait until tomorrow.

When it comes, the wait will have been fully worth it.

View attachment 75849

View attachment 75850

I’m right there with you man. Mine shows exactly the same thing, that it is ready for pickup. Some deep breaths and we’ll get through it. 👍👊

I am expecting to experience a similar scenario. The Axe-Fx III and FC-12 I bought as a set on Reverb arrived together at the sort facility (2 pieces), but the later processing and department only show 1 piece. Let's hope the both arrive on Monday or that the Axe-Fx arrives first... Looking forward to spending the day with my face pressed against the window, waiting for the DHL truck.

Schermafbeelding 2020-12-04 om 14.02.37.png

It is good to hear that I am not the only one. My FC6 is scheduled to arrive on Monday. The AxeFx has been in "Shipment ready for UPS" mode since Nov 30. I refresh the UPS page several times a day and look longingly at the rack space where my II lived until I sold it over the weekend.

I have the exact same situation.

AFX3 and FC12 due to arrive yesterday - UPS stated it would be Friday. Then Monday. Then, due to issues on Eurotunnel, Tuesday.

However, the UPS guys just delivered my FC12...... but the AFX3 still shows as stuck in the Eurotunnel!

I really, really wish it was the other way around :(

It is good to hear that I am not the only one. My FC6 is scheduled to arrive on Monday. The AxeFx has been in "Shipment ready for UPS" mode since Nov 30. I refresh the UPS page several times a day and look longingly at the rack space where my II lived until I sold it over the weekend.

Wait so how long does it usually stay in that "shipment ready" stage? Mine is there too, and I thought it would be picked up the next day or something, but now you have me worried it's going to be there for some time. Does anyone know how long it usually stays in that limbo?

@RifferMcDuck That wasn't the normal protocol before, so unfortunately they don't know, or at least that's how I read Fractal's response to me in email. I expect any day we'll see they were picked up.

Back
Top Bottom