That baritone roar and juicy leads!

Guitarjon

Fractal Fanatic
Hi guys,

I recently finished this video featuring the Axe FX XL+ and the OwnHammer 412 Recto IR's.
I really dig how this baritone guitar sounds with the Axe FX.
That big mid range roar is present in the rhythm parts and the lead solo part with the neck pick up has that warm juicy round solo sound going on.
I love the EMG60 for those tones...

For the clean parts I used the 65 Bassman with the 412 Recto V60 speaker.
The rhythm parts were done with the Das Metal and and the 412 Recto V70B speaker, which is sold as a single speaker pack or can be found in the new 'Core Tone Bundle'.
All the leads were done with the 412 Recto SHZ speaker for that big warm mid range tone.

Enjoy!

As always Jon, awesome tone and great writing!

I was wondering if you've experienced the same "problem" with this guitar as I have? - I've noticed that the bridge seems to be placed slightly too close to the neck for it to intonate properly with stock gauges (.013-.062). I tune to drop A and I need a .068 minimum for the low A and a .017 minimum for the F#. Saddles needs to be all the way back on those with sharp kinks over the saddle edges.

What gauges do you use? You play in standard A#?

As always Jon, awesome tone and great writing!

I was wondering if you've experienced the same "problem" with this guitar as I have? - I've noticed that the bridge seems to be placed slightly too close to the neck for it to intonate properly with stock gauges (.013-.062). I tune to drop A and I need a .068 minimum for the low A and a .017 minimum for the F#. Saddles needs to be all the way back on those with sharp kinks over the saddle edges.

What gauges do you use? You play in standard A#?

I know what you mean but in my case I got the intonation just right but one of the saddles reached the end.
You could always try to put the bridge on reversed so that the saddles have the sharper side on the other side.

Back
Top Bottom