Thanks to Matrix!

Keg8605

Power User
I just wanted to give a forum shout out to Matrix for their willingness to allow me a nice amount of time to test out the GT1000fx. I was leaving on vacation and did not want to miss the 14 day trial deadline. They were confident that some more tweaking would get me there and allowed me some time after my vacation to keep digging in and seeing if I could get there. This was very nice to have some more time with it as I was able to tweak things much closer to a tube head and was able to get it to start cutting through. (Settings that helped were, dynamic presence, raising the mids, 500hz 2k and some 4k).

I did get much closer to the sound I was looking for. In the end i'm going back to using a tube head for the time being but after all the power amps I've owned this is something I should have bought a long time ago like 2012-2013. I've owned/own an Art SLA 2, Carvin DCM 1540, Quilter Pro Block, Fryette Power Station. The matrix was awesome. Most certainly better than the Quilter, Carvin and Art. As yek had said it was a bit easier than the Fryette Power Station as the amp settings translate well. And man was it super lightweight. Something tells me I will definitely own a matrix amp again in the years to come as the modeling continues to improve.

Anyways- i strongly suggest if you are looking for a good power amp buy the best. For whatever reason I danced around trying the matrix for so long and it cost me more surely in the end.

Thanks to John Hardman at Matrix.

Back
Top Bottom