Thanks to all Veterans.

electronpirate

Axe-Master
This goes to all that have served for their countries. It just happens that today is USA's day.

I went through a few of the most stirring American anthem's, and 2 stuck out to me.

Whitney Houston after 9/11. (On a personal note, I was in a salt flat south of Iraq at the time, and listening to a 'cut in, cut out' radio broadcast, but even then, I remember the pimples on my skin when she sang this.)

Another good one. The pureness of the Dixie Chicks still makes me want to stand up and cheer.

Cheers to all in the service, from those who all in who served that flipped a burger, twisted a wrench, pounded a typewriter, jumped from a plane, ground pounded out the dirt, this veteran appreciates you all.

R

I played on Saturday and had the opportunity to talk to a Korean War veteran - he told me how they used to go to the actual Rosie's bar that was depicted in the MASH tv show and had some other really interesting stories. The 20 minute breaks between sets went by super quickly, but then we got to chat a little more at the end of the night. Was really cool.

Back
Top Bottom